CDK Global - Helpful, Friendly and Down to Earth Coworkers. Engaging work. A Little Bureaucratic. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDK Global

"Helpful, Friendly and Down to Earth Coworkers. Engaging work. A Little Bureaucratic."

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been here for about 2 and half months so far. Every day I'm astonished by how helpful, friendly, intelligent, and down-to-earth my coworkers are. No needless posturing or ego-tripping here. Such a breath of fresh air! From what I hear pay scales are on the lower side of competitive, but for me it was a big step up in pay from the contract work that I used to do. Hours are flexible, and although we're generally expected to come in at a consistent time, no one raises an eyebrow if we happen to come in a little late one day. Oh, and we're in the International District. A super cool place to work!

Cons

The work processes and reporting systems are a bit Bureaucratic. Cobalt's parent company, ADP brings resources to the table but also a kind of corporate stuffiness. This is somewhat in contrast to Cobalt's company culture which is a bit more relaxed than ADP. I have been told that career opportunities have been lacking but it seems like this is being addressed.

Advice to Management

Filling out checkboxes for monthly work keeps us from exercising creativity and coming up with potential processes and solutions and innovations which may help us do our jobs better.

Other Employee Reviews for CDK Global

1. "Great company for an entry level digital media specialist."

Current Employee - Web Design Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Web Design Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company - The company really believes in happy employees. The first time I met the Vice President of services was the only time I had to tell him my name, which is kind of impressive in such a large company. The company takes employee suggestions seriously. My department has a very low turnover rate. We have expanded and added, but in the year I have been here, we haven't lost one person - the company goes out of the way to help us stay (if we have to move or have school, they are very flexible for some departments(adjustable schedules and homeshoring options for some dept.)

Good benefits - Not just the normal 401k, health and dental and direct deposit style benefits, but also tuition assistance, community involvement, in-house training, good discount programs, for some departments - an awesome homeshare/deskshare system.

Good experience and training- we have a ton of training available, in-house and online. Encouraged to advance, learn and become better, no matter what path you take.

Great management - Managers encourage you to be great. I feel like my manager has my back, which I feel is really important.

Great location, a quick wak to a bunch of places, grocery story, fast food, coffee, train station and bus tunnel stops.

Team building - We have quarterly team building activities, like ball games, scavenger hunts, family fun zone, duck boats. It is usually kind of silly but really fun. The company as a whole throws two big parties a year (founding day and halloween) and they go all out. Smaller events for team rewards and events like christmas or to introuce us to new cultures. I really appreciate these events.

Cons

Honestly, over a year in and the worst part of working here is the commute, which is my own fault for not living in Seattle. Also - i get to deskshare, so I only have to make the trip twice a week.

The pay could be a little higher, but It is definitely liveable.

Advice to Management

This is a hard one.. Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe an arcade? The guys on floor 2 have an arcade? haha.

Seriously though, a frustration in my day-to-day is the knowledgebase is so large,and there are many places to search, it gets a little hard to sift through in a reasonable time frame to get an answer, a lot of times it is faster to just ask someone. The KB should have a wiki-style interface where if I have an FAQ I can put that and my found answer in the KB for others to find(and link to the other databases we use) Instead of having to look through 10 very similar articles and still not finding the answer.

2. "Working for Cobalt is awesome!"

Current Employee - Web Design Specialist I in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Web Design Specialist I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Cobalt employee I feel nurtured, respected, and properly compensated. The work is interesting and exciting as it is evolving with the growing pace of the internet. I feel taken care of with a rich benefits package and live easy knowing that I can commute from anywhere to get to Cobalt. Their location is prime!

Cons

The only con I could list for working at Cobalt is that sometimes it is physically tough to sit at a desk for 40 hours a week - however; with proper exercise and diet it can managed and it is to be expected with a desk job.