CDK Global - Great benefits, but very stressful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDK Global

"Great benefits, but very stressful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Pros

The culture isn't bad, most of the people who work here are decent, and the benefits are actually really good.

Cons

The company focuses way too much on new products without making sure their old ones work properly. It ends up being a very hectic place to work, since there's usually some emergency or other that could have been avoided.

Advice to Management

Start budgeting some maintenance time for your products and start asking your customers what they want to see for the new stuff.

Other Employee Reviews for CDK Global

"Quality? Who needs that?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Relaxed dress code, great salary, decentish benefits, support for a healthy work-life balance, and they really know how to throw a party. Chances to learn things outside your paygrade if you're curious.

Cons

The software is shoddy -- supporting it sucks, because it's ancient and decrepit and no one knows how it's supposed to work anymore, but the Dev guys aren't allowed to actually do maintenance for most products except when there's an OEM endorsement in danger or in other extreme cases. Instead, upper management keeps insisting on painting another layer of shellac over the broken system and hoping that this new shiny layer of paint will magically make the underlying layers better.

Security is also shoddy -- a number of things that could bring certain services and functions to a screeching halt are "protected" only by having people not know where to look for them. And no one seems to care.

The culture is ill -- lazy, incompetent sycophants are allowed to do whatever they want (you want to take six smoke breaks before lunch? Go ahead!) and get promoted, people who work hard and well but fail to kowtow to management get fired or laid off. On my (large!) team, I do not trust over half of them to be competent unsupervised, and I trust my team a lot more than any of the other teams in my org!

Advice to Management

Start investing in maintaining the products we have, not just coming out with new ones. It's absurd and embarrassing that some of our primary customer-facing tools date back to 2003 or earlier and have no real development effort being put into them. Yes, making and selling new products is sexier, but improving the ones we have already would increase employee satisfaction AND customer retention as well as customer satisfaction!

"The Worst Place to Work in my Entire Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Some of my peers were superb and challenged me to do a better job. I liked being able to park and walk to Qwest/Safeco fields for games.

Cons

Management has no clue as to what they are doing. They did not weather the economic downturn in Automotive well. They continued to give the "Rah, Rah" speeches even when their biggest client had to declare bankruptcy. And their quarterly reviews were a joke - their accounting methods were based on fairy tales. And they continued to dangle the line that they were going public. Please, like that will ever happen.

There are too many directors and not enough people to get the job done. And in one wave of layoffs - there have been multiple - they laid off a group of people who all were over 40.

I cannot say enough to stay away from this company at all costs. You will go in thinking, maybe these opinions are just from "bad apples." But you will find all of this to be true and more.

Advice to Management

Think about selling the company to the next wave that offers it instead of turning it down. Get a clue about your leadership. They are some of the most negative, spiteful people I have ever come across.