CDW - Great company to work at | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for CDW

"Great company to work at"

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership and management teams always on the lookout for opportunities to enhance and improve our career and professional life. Plenty of opportunities to grow.

Cons

I do not see any cons at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Thanks for believing in us and for the opportunities you present to coworkers.

CDW Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Senior Manager

We appreciate the feedback. We think our leaders are the best in the business, too. Thanks for the review.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. "Something new every year"

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

endless upside and opportunity to learn and sell new things that impact a customer's IT environment. New partnerships and technologies keep it fresh after 15 years

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to focus when we have some many things to learn about.

Advice to Management

Sometimes our staffing can't keep up with demand, need to work on a deeper pipeline of talented engineers to delight our customers

2. "Coworker's are great, salary and vacation below industry standards."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on what department you work in, work from home flexibility is nice. Relaxed dress code, company outings, free food most of the week, and coworkers are encouraged to volunteer. Top rated veteran employer.

Cons

Salary starts low and vacation is outdated. They don't really negotiate on either, so take that into consideration; you won't get paid and you won't really get time off. Sometimes feels like a frat house, which can make you feel out of place if you're not a "bro." High turn over, pretty much across the board, so it can feel like you're on a sinking ship at times, when lots of people are leaving.

Advice to Management

Stop brushing off coworker survey comments regarding salary and vacation. It's no just a typical complaint, CDW is below industry standards almost across the board in these areas. While sales is the major factor, don't forget that ALL departments and coworkers are needed for sales to succeed.