CDW - Sales manager | Glassdoor

"Sales manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong senior leadership, great benefits, competitive salary. If you can prove yourself at CDW and be successful, it seems to be a strong indicator of future success. The key to maximizing the opportunity is to challenge yourself in different positions so you can gain a broader understanding of what makes CDW tick.

Cons

If you have demonstrated that you have the ability to advance, and have succeeded in various roles, you may find at some point that new positions are lateral moves Vs. career advancement. It is a function of CDW being pretty lean on top, and that causes a bottleneck.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on retaining and developing strong talent. CDW has great Brand appeal on a Resume, and other companies will always be targeting CDW coworkers.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. "Okay, but"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, Nice perks, Friendly environment

Cons

Lots of Cold calling, Sometimes system are not updated with correct leads

2. "Not the same, but not bad"

Pros

great people to work with. if you're interested in technology at all you'll learn by force of habit one way or the other. If you're smart (meaning you're willing to learn) if you pay attention to the people that know their stuff and learn from them AND you're willing to work hard you can make some serious coin.

Cons

being in sales in general is enough to make you want to hit your head against the wall. This is a seriously competitive environment. If you let the recruiters sell you on the job you're going to be really upset. To them, everyone's a millionaire here. That's few and far between. You're going to run into managers that don't help, or are totally useless. Baptism by fire is a pretty common occurance.

Advice to Management

do us all a favor? stop LYING! dear LORD! don't say that you've made some massive change in account bases and then tell us it's for OUR benefit! that's like letting us spend a lot of time and care growing a beautiful lawn, and once we know that all we need to do is keep it watered and cleaned that it will continue to grow, you come in rip up the lawn, give it to the new neighbors that moved in and hand us some seeds and say start over.