CDW - Easy to work with and great response and feedback. Most accomodating | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

"Easy to work with and great response and feedback. Most accomodating"

Current Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CDW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working with the internal recruiters and hiring managers. Great opportunities as well as opportunity for compensation. Coworkers are extremely accessible to help make new career easy to acclimate to.

Cons

The only thing that is a negative so far is the size of the organization and being a remote employee. It's hard to be able to identify everything needed for the job, but it will all come with time and understanding.

Advice to Management

Organize the internal websites/documentation better for new coworkers to be able to access/find all the information needed to do their jobs as well as help others.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. "Account Manager at CDW"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great atmosphere to work in and there are a lot of free stuff from vendors. Lots of free food, shirts, and other misc. stuff. The people are also a huge plus. For the most part, everyone is always wanting you to succeed and helpful along the way. The job part is hard (maybe should be in the cons section) but worth it at the end of the day. When I started, the cold calling and outbounds in general were the toughest part of the job. I got hung up on and got “not interested right now” or “we are currently working with someone else and are happy with them” very often. While it is frustrating, if you keep working hard and stick with it, it pays off. Now I have a lot of different customers wanting to talk to me and know that when they see my number calling, they pick up because they know I have something to add value to them. I don’t make the huge $$$ or at least not yet (currently live at home if that gives you an understanding of my income) but after working here 1 1/2 years, I can see the hard work paying off. Also, there are many ways to further your career if you decide sales isn’t the best fit for you.

Cons

Sales isn’t easy and you don’t start off on the same pay structure as other sales segments. I am in the MedLar segment and I know that the Healthcare, Small Business, and Government segments have different pay structures and some are better than the others. Putting all of them on the same pay structure would level the playing field as I know that while many co-workers that have left CDW BECAUSE of the income, they would have stayed had they not been not the MedLar’s pay structure. I’m not saying everyone is entitled to make the huge bucks right out of the gate but I do know that the Government sales sector has a much more lucrative commission structure than the other segments. If all the segments had the same commission payout grid, I think turnover wouldn’t be so high.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time.

2. "Senior Account Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Voorhees, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at CDW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for and job security. I was able after reaching senior to work one day from home a week. The job itself was great and working with new clients was amazing.

Cons

A lot of red tape. Since the company is so large it is hard to get some things done for your customer which makes it really frustrating.

Advice to Management

focus on your account managers they know what your clients want.