CDW - CDW Government is a great place to grow as a salesperson and a really great place to build your customer base. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

"CDW Government is a great place to grow as a salesperson and a really great place to build your customer base."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training, great perks, available accounts with previous spend. Great opportunities to gain additional training and certifications. CDW is very open to movement within the company or even with vendor partners.

Cons

A little bit forceful about hitting arbitrary call times and dial quotas, but it is probably for your own good.

Advice to Management

Keep offering the best training and certification opportunities you can.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. "Hard to get started, but potential if you stick around and enjoy cold calling"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mettawa, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mettawa, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, friendly atmosphere, and the potential to move up and make money. Lots of freebies given out and there are some amazing training programs for various technology systems you can take advantage of. Definitely, take advantage of the certs. Also, building relationships with your clients and helping them out with their IT needs is a rewarding experience. I tended to go out of my way just to make my consistent clients happy; that's a great feeling.

Cons

There is a lot of cold calling to begin with, and if you're not comfortable with that, this is not the place for you. Being successful really depends on the region you are in and the support from your team when you first arrive. I, unfortunately, was lacking in both of those arenas and my temporary team leader was not all too helpful in terms of training, support, and being able to effectively progress our personal business with the clients. I felt more like a telemarketer rather than a salesman. CDW hires A LOT of people right out of college and the turnover rate is enormous. Six months in less than half of my initial training team was there and morale was pretty low. That's how they weed people out (and find their talent). Also, territorial disputes between your own team members is pretty common. Many coworkers on my regional team had this, "I have mine, I don't care about you" attitude on the team. They were focused more on making their money on their paycheck (commission) rather than trying to build a stronger team.

Advice to Management

Smaller training teams would be vastly beneficial and more direct connect with your actual team. If they focused more on sales training and ways that we could effectively sell these products, I probably would have stayed longer. There just wasn't any real, tangible or meaning support.

"Easy to work with and great response and feedback. Most accomodating"

Current Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CDW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed working with the internal recruiters and hiring managers. Great opportunities as well as opportunity for compensation. Coworkers are extremely accessible to help make new career easy to acclimate to.

Cons

The only thing that is a negative so far is the size of the organization and being a remote employee. It's hard to be able to identify everything needed for the job, but it will all come with time and understanding.

Advice to Management

Organize the internal websites/documentation better for new coworkers to be able to access/find all the information needed to do their jobs as well as help others.