CDW - Solid company with opportunity to make good money if you are willing to work hard | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

"Solid company with opportunity to make good money if you are willing to work hard"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at CDW for over 10 years so obviously I think they are doing something right. I have interviewed for a few other jobs during that time but most were going to pay the same or less and I would have to travel more. Sales positions have the ability to make good money if you stick it out a few years and work hard. Work/Life balance has gotten much better in the last 5 years or so. Many coworkers have the ability to work from home a day or two a week. The culture has changed a lot over the past few years too but is still an energetic and

Cons

The first few years in sales at CDW are going to suck. I doubt this is that different than at many other entry level sales jobs but you need to understand that going into it. There is a lot of turnover among the new sales account managers as they tend to be right out of college with unrealistic expectations of working 9-5 and making 6 figures right away.
There is a huge difference in the quality of the first level of managers. Many are great but some shouldn't be in charge of managing a 5 year old's birthday party. There are also so many managers now that the chance of getting promoted beyond that is slim. A lot of sales managers have left recently for greener pastures.
The bureaucracy now is much worse than it used to be and sometimes it is difficult to get anything done.

Advice to Management

I know that part of the deal with being a public company again means we have to answer to more shareholders than before, but it pains me to see the number of cycles wasted on attempting to forecast sales and profit. As a company, we are not good at it. Our systems and coordination among departments for that are terrible and we waste a lot of time trying to get a perfect number out of a far from perfect system.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. "The best way to describe CDW is life changing. CDW has provide me an opportunity to more than support my family."

Current Employee - Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CDW is a family. Even though we have grown and scaled back, we still live and breath the CDW Way and that is unique. We have fun here and make things happen.

Cons

I truly believe you get what you put in. CDW requires you to work hard and never be satisfied. However, if you put into CDW, you get back tenfold.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I truly believe you have every coworker's best interest at heart. We need to keep CDW striving for generations to come.

"Fantastic company. Coworkers truly enjoy working for a company that includes their coworkers in so many of the decision."

Current Employee - Senior Purchasing Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Purchasing Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast pace work environment
    Plenty of opportunities to grow
    Bonus plans could be more aggressive, but overall is OK

Cons

Fast pace work environment!! You need to be ready for this environment
    IT resources for projects needs to increase
    Limited seating for growth

Advice to Management

IT resources for projects needs to increase
    Need a much larger campus, in Lake County