KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Safe and people here care about us

Nov 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

In the middle of this COVID stuff, it is important to know that our safety and security teams really care for us here in the CDC. They have a good program and talk to us all of the time and give us suggestions to use at work and with our families. I speak to friends that work at other company's distribution centers and factories and they don't have the same help and assistance. I have lost two friends to COVID that worked at other locations that caught it at their work. If you are scared to work at your companies and want a safe place to work, come to CDW. The safety director was out here a couple of days ago to speak to us and we were appreciating him doing that. He showed he gave a damn about us. CWS ladies here are also good and easy to talk to. Some of the contractors that are here are not great so we need to do a better job picking who works here.

Cons

We changed our safety procedures a little in the fall and got rid of masks and spacing but luckily we quickly returned to using them. We heard our operations managers wanted to make it easier for them and asked for those changes but that safety security and some exec people made them put everything back. I was glad we moved back to masks because we want to stay safe and many of us thought it was stupid to change it. We used to have safety belts that could tell when we were too close and we don't have those gizmos any more and I wish we did. Those made us very comfortable and now we are working too close. I have my vaccine but some of my friends and family are getting sick even though they had the vaccine so we should stay away from each other to make sure it doesnt happen here. Lets make it all like it was before please. I am not the only person that believes this but we don't want to tell anyone and speak against our operations supervisors and managers. I have a friend that works in the configs place and they agree with us and said they need it more because they are very close.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Well Rounded Company - Growing

Jan 21, 2022 - Enterprise Solution Architect in Vernon Hills, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great strength in technical depth of peers and resources Training and Education Promotion internally, career direction are all positive Wide range of country to work from Great Healthcare and benefits Work Life Balance, working from home Longevity in position

Cons

Stock options and stock pricing

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Consulting Engineer

Jan 5, 2022 - Network Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing Culture - Lots of Support - Strong Base Pay Increases - Strong Quarter Bonuses

Cons

Not a con for me, but maybe for some... See below, This position requires one to be extremely organized all of the time. You're not responsible for selling projects, however, you are responsible for accepting work as it comes in and managing your utilization hours. Your position basically combines a consultant, an engineering role, and a Project Manager role all into one job. This may be a big transition for those leaving an operations role, however, it's nice leaving the after-hours rotation behind. The expectation is for you to manage multiple projects at one time so if you can take great notes, you're already ahead of the game.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about CDW.