CDW - CDW is a good launch pad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

"CDW is a good launch pad"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

It is a pretty good job. The downfalls are that advancement can be a little slow at first. As with any sales job, this is to be expected. Once you do put in some hard work, and time, things will begin clicking. Also, the compensation is good for a job fresh out of college.

Cons

The downsides are that management may be a little disconnected at times. Also, the copmany tries cheering up disgruntled employees not by helping with problem, but by buying them things. This shows they are only interested in temporary solutions. Although this puts a bandaid on the situation, it does nothing for long-term morale.

Advice to Management

I would ask them to take more of a sincere interest in their account executives. Not just worry about how much money we make them.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. "There are great perks for working at CDW."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Pros

There are a lot of perks at CDW, especially if you are in sales. You have the ability to make as much money as you are willing to put the work towards. Also, the vendors praise Account managers because they sell their stuff and will give you free stuff, gift certificates, take you out to dinner and lunch, etc. CDW also looks out for what is best for it's employees, most people would disagree with that, but it is definitely true. It is corporate America so nothing is perfect...

Cons

The benefits aren't the greatest, not bad but could be better. Also, they hire a lot of kids out of the college for not too much money. It can take 2 or 3 years to start making good money, but you can get a base paying job for more then the base at CDW.

Advice to Management

Don't keep us in the dark.

2. "Overal, good company to work for out of college with no experience."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great job out of College. Free stuff all the time like movies tickets, food, happy hour, contests, raffles, etc. Also the location. Long training that looks good on a resume. Also, after a year in sales you have other opportunities to move in latterally in the company. After a year my plan is to move into HR or something business related while I go back to school to get my MBA. They have tuition reinbursement as well. I am young so I thought I would put some time into this company and see what I may get out of it.

Cons

Low Base Pay. People tend to be unprofessional with the way they dress.

Advice to Management

More pay starting off from school. A little more strict dress code.