CEB - Great initial step, given great responsibility early, not challenged over time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CEB

"Great initial step, given great responsibility early, not challenged over time"

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

Pros

CEB is a great place to start your career. A lot of young folks at this company and a lot of entry level positions available. If you know the right people and pull the right strings, you can move internally into a position that you could never get at another company at your age/experience level.

Cons

CEB is well known for paying less than the norm for most positions (outside of Sales) due in part to the age and experience level of the people they hire. There are clicks in this company and so if that is your thing (not mine) you will be very happy on that front. Management is constantly changing their mind on things, resulting in organizational changes every 3 months and rarely does it seem like there is a solid direction we are headed before it is changed. As a best practice research firm, we very rarely follow our own advice concerning HR, Finance, and Corporate Strat.

Advice to Management

Tom (CEO) needs to go. We need leadership that has a consistent focus and direction and so either this is Tom's fault of that of the GM's. Shift out the GM's or get us a new CEO. Start reading your own research...it is time we start practicing what we preach, especially when we are doing exactly what we tell our members NOT to do.

Other Employee Reviews for CEB

"Good place for eager recent IVY-league grads"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

good people, nice office. It's a good company if you want to learn SALES. Not so good if you want to do legitimate, not rigged, research.

Cons

no promotion potential, no job security, shrinking client base = shrinking value vested by the company's leadership in their employees

Advice to Management

fire Tom Monahan

2. "Great People, Tough Times"

Current Employee - Research Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Research Consultant in Arlington, VA

Pros

The people are talented and great to work with, especially at the analyst/senior analyst level. Also, in general work life balance is pretty good compared to other orgs.

Cons

Right now there is a lot of change going and it is unclear if the management understands the current state, the real performance problems well enough to make educated decisions moving forward.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff openly and fairly about changes instead of keeping things to close to the chest this will help engagement.