CEB - Good place for eager recent IVY-league grads | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for CEB

"Good place for eager recent IVY-league grads"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

good people, nice office. It's a good company if you want to learn SALES. Not so good if you want to do legitimate, not rigged, research.

Cons

no promotion potential, no job security, shrinking client base = shrinking value vested by the company's leadership in their employees

Advice to Management

fire Tom Monahan

Other Employee Reviews for CEB

"It was a great place to work until the lay-offs began ..."

Former Employee - Manager In TMT
    Former Employee - Manager In TMT

Pros

I loved my time at CEB. I was very happy and really enjoyed my job and my work colleagues. Senior Leadership was always sketchy so that never phased me but in hind sight, I realize how dishonest they were with staff. I wish that they had come to each department in November / December last year with the news that the company wasn't doing well and that those who had other opportunities should take them. I turned down an opportunity in November only to be laid off in February. Not CEB's fault that I missed the opportunity, of course, but if my manager had a better idea of things to come, I migth have been given better advice than stick around ... you'll be promoted in April.

Cons

It's a tough environment now. The ones who were laid off are the lucky ones as those who remainded are biding their time until the next round of lay-offs or voluntary departures. I miss the company that I joined a few years ago ... the lay-offs and voluntary separation has definitely changed the mood and 'vibe' of a previously wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

It's hard for me to give advice when the people responsible for the mess are still in seat / in power. It's time for the Board to step in and get rid of ALL dead weight in senior leadership or just cut everyone and start fresh with an entirely new leadership team. The damage done by existing leadership to staff morale and investor confidence is almost impossible to repair. Cut the dead limbs and build afresh.

2. "A company at a crossroads."

Pros

Generally there's a high level of competence among research teams, however, the company seems to be shedding research teams, so that's a bit of a concern. There's a ton of potential for a visionary leader to drive the company forward down new avenues.

Cons

Company doesn't seem to know what it is anymore. Leadership lacking (see pros comment). Projects that are deemed critical to the success of a BU lack time commitment--from a go-to-market standpoint--to ensure success.

Advice to Management

First and foremost, decide what it is that CEB does. Are we a content company? Are we a networking company? Are we a content delivery company? All three? Lets decide this, and move forward.