CEB - Best job of my career - great opportunity for learning and growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CEB

"Best job of my career - great opportunity for learning and growth"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People - everyone in my group is smart, nice, works hard, and engaged
Product - both the actual products we work with and the research that backs them up
Opportunity to grow - clear, fair objectives and a clear path to promotion.
Variety - lots of different aspects to the job, client relationships, project management, new product development, sales, etc... Keeps you on your toes and interested
Learning - the ability to dig into the research done in the main part of the company is great. I've learned so much about other industries and trends.
Atmosphere - I'm at the HQ building, which is a great space, very pleasant facilities
Benefits - these are great and useful

Cons

High focus on existing business lines/sales (can sometimes impede the product side)
Lots of competition, since everyone is smart and capable (harder to stand out)

Advice to Management

Aim to expand the consulting side of the business (steadily - and keep the current philosophy behind how we consult vs how the others do it).

Other Employee Reviews for CEB

1. "Great opportunity for your first job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at CEB full-time

Pros

Younger culture, great experience for people with less than five years of experience, opportunities to talk to and work with the c-level, lots of community involvement.

Cons

Managed by hearsay, conformist culture, groupthink, not managed by performance but by likeability, constantly changing standards based on your manager.

Advice to Management

Decide what a position should look like and the goals that position should achieve, and then measure against it.

2. "Internship"

Former Intern - Business Development/Sales Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Business Development/Sales Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at CEB as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience, you work with a lot of very smart people and even get to have lunch with some of the executives, including the CEO. The culture is very youthful and, as far as the internship experience goes, after talking to a lot of my friends who interned at other companies, this internship is definitely one of the better ones. You get to speak with some of the leading business leaders in your practice, which is great for developing your oral communication skills, and they also plan a lot of fun outside-the-office activities, like going to a Nats game, helping out at a soup kitchen for a day, as well as happy hours. Great experience, would definitely recommend doing it.

Cons

You can sometimes feel sort of lost. Meaning, you aren't given very specific directions as to how you should approach various tasks.

Advice to Management

Got to meet many of the executives at CEB. Very smart and driven.