CEVA Logistics - CEVA is a very large company where I felt like a number. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CEVA Logistics

"CEVA is a very large company where I felt like a number."

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CEVA Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees and co-workers. There are opportunities to move within the company as long as you are able to re-locate.

Cons

The company lacks direction and does not follow through with initiatives. North America has re-organized so many times that regions don't respect their leaders.

Advice to Management

Rather than a flavor of the month, invest and commit to initiatives that the company starts.

Other Employee Reviews for CEVA Logistics

1. "Almost zero advancement opportunities. Poor Management"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst

I worked at CEVA Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a job when i needed one. If you work competently, they will keep you because they have so many who are incompetent. However the competent employees do 80% of the work while the others are allowed to do very little. Not a dull place to work.

Cons

Poor management which changes like a revolving door. Little promotional opportunities unless you are a friend or relative of management. Low pay. Horrible and expensive benefit package.

Poor financial management on the corporate level.

Un-involved and uncaring management. I worked in one of the busiest stations in the US. The majority of the domestic volume was processed on the evening and night shifts by 30 or so warehouse and office employees. And never in the three years I was there did CEVA see fit to have a manager on duty. Hourly employees ran it all. And with no one in authority, it was a free-for-all circus. I saw violence, obscene behaviors, gross safety issues (like fires!), physical, verbal, and sexual abuse. Racism, sexism, ageism, and every kind of ism you can think of. Sometimes it got reported and maybe someone would get written up, but other than that management did nothing. In fact, it was not unusual for me to not see a manager, if my department even had one, for months at a time. It was a Zoo! And a lawsuit waiting to happen. I kept my head down and did my work, trying to stay out of any controversy. And I always said that I saw nothing. I kept applying for job after job with other companies until I landed one and got away from there.

Advice to Management

Hire some people who know how to manage.

"Crazy rules, corporate out of touch with station needs."

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Denver, CO

I worked at CEVA Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good friendly people. Hard working and helpful management.

Cons

Strange rules regarding what you may have on your desk along with what is in the desk drawers, i.e. any personal items such as extra pens, pads of paper, lunch.

Advice to Management

Keep a closer eye on your employees. Many are beginning to become overworked. Drop the IT help desk. They are worthless. Caused more damage and wasted more time than corrected any issues.