CGI Communications - Great company! | Glassdoor

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership , promotions and advancement opportunities.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

I have worked at CGI for over 10 years. This is truly a great growing company that promotes from within. You get out what you put in. I couldn't imagine working at another company.

Other Employee Reviews for CGI Communications

1. "Free parking, room for advancement in the company!"

Pros

I used to work at Nixon Peabody, a law firm just down the street from CGI Communications. Parking at Nixon was $120 a month for me, at CGI parking is free! Paying for parking each month would really add up over time, at CGI this is something I simply do not have to think about!
    CGI offers opportunities for even entry level employees to participate in the company's campaigns and create commercials that appear on local television. I do not know many companies that provide these types of opportunities, especially in Rochester. Those that have participated in these commercials/campaigns now have great portfolio pieces, and beneficial experience for those who want to work in the production industry!

Cons

Like most companies, you need to go above and beyond, put in the time and hard work to advance. If you put in the numbers and consistent hard work, your efforts will be recognized/pay off!

"Worst job I've ever had"

Pros

I really can't think of anything nice to stay about this place other than you get a few paid holidays here and there.

Cons

Ridiculous favoritism, unethical practices, horrible pay, sketchy managing staff. If you don't "drink the kool aid", they'll get rid of you. It's like everyone is brainwashed and nobody realizes what's really going on. They want recent college graduates, but stick you in the cubicle farm and you never get a chance to use your education. They certainly don't pay more if you have a degree, either. Please don't waste your time and energy like I did. They looked for any reason they could find to get rid of me because I refused to drink the kool aid like all their other minions. If you're a drunken, low-life, drug addict like most of the people there then you might fit right in. But if you actually have a brain in your skull and want something more than making cold calls all day, save your time and look elsewhere. If I could rate this place at zero stars, I would. There's not enough time in the day for me to say everything I want to say about this place.

Advice to Management

I won't even get started with management...