CGI Communications - Great place to start a career. Love this place and the people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CGI Communications

"Great place to start a career. Love this place and the people."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for a year and a half. Was with another sales company before and worked in management before in the food industry. Anyone that says bad things about this place is confusing to me. They will hire you straight out of college. The amount of opportunity is endless and the people here are amazing top to bottom. It is a young company that works hard and plays hard. Everyone is welcoming, many different types of positions (if you are not a sales person their are still many opportunities), the management staff is clear with expectations. The CEO is the man, company parties, cruises, lunches, staff appreciation days. They reward hard work and drive. I can keep going for days on this. I was hired at this place and they gave me an opportunity to move up in 7 months. I do not know many companies in the country that will give you an opportunity to due so. Can't say a bad thing about this place.

Cons

None. People that do not make it in this place is because they are not mentally strong individuals. Literally talking to people on the phone is the most difficult part of this job. They train you to be good at it, all it takes is effort and you can be successful here. You work hard you get rewarded. Tough concept I know but it holds strong here.

Advice to Management

Keep being the awesome, you guys do a great job. Appreciate everything you have done for me and my friends and co-workers here. I heard bad things before I was hired here and I can legitimately say that nothing that I was told was remotely true. Thank you!!

Other Employee Reviews for CGI Communications

1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership , promotions and advancement opportunities.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

I have worked at CGI for over 10 years. This is truly a great growing company that promotes from within. You get out what you put in. I couldn't imagine working at another company.

"If you're not in Sales, you're not a person."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're in Sales and making your numbers, you're a valued, encouraged individual.

Cons

Salespeople basically run the show here - not the clients, or the production folks who make everything possible. Sales routinely oversold products, and pressure was left on production to meet sales or be fired. Worse, most non-sales employees were extremely underpaid - barely above minimum wage. The company had many BBB complaints against them while I worked there.

But the real problem at CGI is the CEO. No amount of money would ever make me work with him again. He has a tendency to speak hurtfully and dismissively of certain types employees to the entire company. I could rarely finish projects, because he'll get excited about something, insists that you drop absolutely everything for it, and then get excited about something new next week. He seriously, honestly ate people's lunches - I witnessed him walk up to random low level employees, take something off their plate, eat it, and walk away. The CEO of this company also owned a minor league football team while I worked there. Instead of increasing player compensation, he hired any player who needed a side job to do "customer service" for CGI. The football players did nothing but goof off and annoy people trying to get work done - they were never disciplined for unprofessional behavior or lack of productivity. It was understood that the purpose of CGI was to make money to keep the football team running smoothly.