CGI Communications - Great first job out of college! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CGI Communications

"Great first job out of college!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate Team Leader
Former Employee - Sales Associate Team Leader

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fun environment and everyone is very young. There are always things to do outside of the office with co-workers. You will make friends for life at this company. There was always someone to turn to when I needed help. My manager was amazing and I will commend her for the job she did. I stuck around for the fact that I worked for someone like her. Management is wonderful, Vice Presidents are seriously just a few steps away from you and more than reachable. The CEO Bob is a riot, yes a little crazy some times but even he is approachable. He knew me on a first name basis. But if you're doing well he will learn your name. How many companies can say that their CEO knows who they are?

Cons

There are certain executives you do NOT want to be setting for as a Sales Associate. If you do set for them and mess up at all the entire company will hear about it. You do sit in a cube all day smile and dialing. When I first started the company was light hearted and it was fun, but in recent months morale changed and the vibe of the company has gone in a different direction and that is ultimately why I left. If you didn't want to become an executive in a sense, there was no room for growth for you!

Advice to Management

Get your executives to learn how to COMMUNICATE. The word communication is in the name of the company. You would have happier associates which would in turn boost morale.

Other Employee Reviews for CGI Communications

1. "Free parking, room for advancement in the company!"

Pros

I used to work at Nixon Peabody, a law firm just down the street from CGI Communications. Parking at Nixon was $120 a month for me, at CGI parking is free! Paying for parking each month would really add up over time, at CGI this is something I simply do not have to think about!
    CGI offers opportunities for even entry level employees to participate in the company's campaigns and create commercials that appear on local television. I do not know many companies that provide these types of opportunities, especially in Rochester. Those that have participated in these commercials/campaigns now have great portfolio pieces, and beneficial experience for those who want to work in the production industry!

Cons

Like most companies, you need to go above and beyond, put in the time and hard work to advance. If you put in the numbers and consistent hard work, your efforts will be recognized/pay off!

"Worst job I've ever had"

Pros

I really can't think of anything nice to stay about this place other than you get a few paid holidays here and there.

Cons

Ridiculous favoritism, unethical practices, horrible pay, sketchy managing staff. If you don't "drink the kool aid", they'll get rid of you. It's like everyone is brainwashed and nobody realizes what's really going on. They want recent college graduates, but stick you in the cubicle farm and you never get a chance to use your education. They certainly don't pay more if you have a degree, either. Please don't waste your time and energy like I did. They looked for any reason they could find to get rid of me because I refused to drink the kool aid like all their other minions. If you're a drunken, low-life, drug addict like most of the people there then you might fit right in. But if you actually have a brain in your skull and want something more than making cold calls all day, save your time and look elsewhere. If I could rate this place at zero stars, I would. There's not enough time in the day for me to say everything I want to say about this place.

Advice to Management

I won't even get started with management...