CGI - It was great to get some experience but that is about it at the end of the day. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CGI

"It was great to get some experience but that is about it at the end of the day."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Pros

There was a great learning experience and I appreciate the opportunity. But at the end of the day living in the DC metro area is very expensive. The ppl there are really nice and the managers are awesome!

Cons

There are more cons than pros. For one it seems like they are only interested in them keeping money in their pocket. The 401K matching is horrible and the benefits package sucks. I thnk I had to pay 200 dollars to go to the ER. Even the guy at the ER was like WOW, this is really expensive I never see this. The employees come LAST!! Its all about their profit. No holiday parties, no company parties at all. I understand that there are alot of ppl from different cultures but they can at least put up a freaking Christmas tree. They totally took my holiday spirit away. Its all about working. The PAY IS HORRIBLE!! Opportunity for growth is little to none. Im so glad my experience here is over!!!

Advice to Management

Well I know its a waste of my time but pay attention to the employees needs. They are not happy and u should want happy employees so they can make high profits right?? It could be a wonderful place to work if you ppl would show them that ur thankful from time to time. Stop being so greedy for every single dollar and invest in your employees. The way ur doing things is pathetic.

Other Employee Reviews for CGI

"It was a comfortable work environment. Good work was not recognized and it did not prepare employees for the future."

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Good benefits, Stock value has rose over the past few years, some cool peers. No office politics and a decent social club in the NYC office.

Cons

Bland industry, does not give you skills that will make you competitive in the industry. Annual reviews are worthless and will not give you leverage when trying to negotiate salary increases.

"just a number on their books."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Andover, MA

Pros

flexibility to work from home

Cons

never knowing when you will be terminated because they are not making their quarterly numbers

Advice to Management

instead of focusing all the time on the profit, invest a little more in the members, treat them with respect.