CGI - Very good | Glassdoor

"Very good"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Pros

work environment
good communication
flat hierarchy

Cons

better salaries
faster recognition and promotion

Other Employee Reviews for CGI

"Atrocious management"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Flex work hours. Also, if you want to hide and browse the internet for most of your day, this is the place you've been looking for.

Cons

Like most service firm I worked for, also CGI is being destroyed by a myopic, unqualified management team who gets into their role mostly our of seniority and corridor chats. Believe me, I am not exaggerating. As anyone working in the Montreal offices, you will get this consistent opinion. Morale is so low among employees that anyone with a self-confidence level above zero is applying to jobs in other companies. I know very well 2 recruiters who both told me they regularly approach CGI employees found on Linkedin "because they all want to leave..". I am not surprised.
    This also creates a huge problem of knowledge loss. People leave, replacement takes months (if a replacement indeed is arranged: sometimes someone else is asked to absorb also the load of the departed employee, with the obvious frustration that this implies), knowledge transfer just does not happen.
    The recent waves of expense cuts to offset declining revenues (since the company is losing one by one all its main clients: Desjardins, Bell, others to follow soon) have not affected the areas in which the company is lacking the most: process streamlining (simplification). The current management is so unqualified that is generally unable to identify (not to mention measure) the incredible waste that every employee can witness in reason of the very bureaucratic way the company works.
    I thought I saw the bottom when working at Bell, now I see the new low benchmark is CGI.
    I would not suggest an experience in this company to anyone other than a long-time unemployed worker who has basically no better chance.

Advice to Management

See above. Stop managing the company with just the share price in mind.

2. "Enjoyed it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Flexible for dev ppl compared to the consultants

Cons

Admin work can take some time before start of work