CGI - Awesome starter job | Glassdoor

"Awesome starter job"

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is great for the getting into the field job in administration, networking, and facilities. Great starting place for federal and international work as well.

Cons

The company needs to work on career paths, and employee promotion.

Other Employee Reviews for CGI

"Get me out of here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers in my group.

Cons

Poor leaders with no real ethical backbone. You will be asked to do things like not record your overtime. Forget about raises. Your boss will be on vacation 50% of the time. You will not grow professionally and be underpaid without much appreciation.

Advice to Management

Maybe you should really look at why this group has such high turn over and finally do something about pay, benefits, and give yourselves and ethical checkup. Stop asking us to come in on weekends without pay when you yourself cannot even work a 40 hour week.

"Top heavy company filled with overly ambitious sycophants."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive for the area, and the work is interesting.

Cons

HR is centralized so your issues will *not* be addressed. Too many managers all of whom disagree on how best to approach the project which translates to low morale, and inferior deliverables. The worst onboarding experience I've ever experienced which lasts for months. Getting a raise, even if taking a higher paying job within the project, outside of cycle is impossible. Disorganized connection between middle management and upper management leads to confusion on objectives. Also, as of Jan. 2014 all health benefits have been cut from PPO to CDHP/HSA where almost no services are covered, which means your healthcare costs will have to come from your previously competitive salary.

Advice to Management

Take employee complaints more seriously, my office has been an HR nightmare centered around a single manager, and literally nothing has been done while the talent is dropping like flies endangering the project's future.