CGI - Good company- Poor life/work balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CGI

"Good company- Poor life/work balance"

I worked at CGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is at or above average. My management was very flexible and reasonable. There are many opportunities for growth and training.

Cons

Long hours and unplanned, last minute maintenance windows. Interfered with life/work balance. Working nights and weekends extensively is required. Not enough resources allocated to large projects.

Advice to Management

Obtain more resources to handle the workload and keep project managers in check.

Other Employee Reviews for CGI

"Get me out of here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers in my group.

Cons

Poor leaders with no real ethical backbone. You will be asked to do things like not record your overtime. Forget about raises. Your boss will be on vacation 50% of the time. You will not grow professionally and be underpaid without much appreciation.

Advice to Management

Maybe you should really look at why this group has such high turn over and finally do something about pay, benefits, and give yourselves and ethical checkup. Stop asking us to come in on weekends without pay when you yourself cannot even work a 40 hour week.

"Top heavy company filled with overly ambitious sycophants."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at CGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive for the area, and the work is interesting.

Cons

HR is centralized so your issues will *not* be addressed. Too many managers all of whom disagree on how best to approach the project which translates to low morale, and inferior deliverables. The worst onboarding experience I've ever experienced which lasts for months. Getting a raise, even if taking a higher paying job within the project, outside of cycle is impossible. Disorganized connection between middle management and upper management leads to confusion on objectives. Also, as of Jan. 2014 all health benefits have been cut from PPO to CDHP/HSA where almost no services are covered, which means your healthcare costs will have to come from your previously competitive salary.

Advice to Management

Take employee complaints more seriously, my office has been an HR nightmare centered around a single manager, and literally nothing has been done while the talent is dropping like flies endangering the project's future.