CGI - Good place to be | Glassdoor

"Good place to be"

Current Employee - Executive Consultant
Current Employee - Executive Consultant

Pros

Great People
Opportunities to grow your career
Fair Treatment

Cons

Make communications clear, don't always sugar coat
Better understanding that "employees are our greatest asset" - it is the basis of what we do
Fickle Market doesn't always mean we get what we want

Advice to Management

Don't always focus on the bottom line

Other Employee Reviews for CGI

"After one year"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Markham, ON (Canada)

Pros

Everyone at CGI has shown a keen interest in how I have been integrated into the group. Management at all levels know me by name and make an effort to ensure that I have challenging and engaging work. I do not work on the IT side, but have exposure to lots of other areas within the company.

Cons

There are a lot of complaints about management's cost-centric attitude and work-related stress.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on two-way communication with members. Company-wide meetings are important and there are a lot of measures in place to make sure that members have a voice, but sometimes there is a sense that something is being lost in translation between members and management

2. "I hear raises are hard, but if you know what you are doing and are competent you can get them."

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Pros

Its work. the SPP plan is nice, buts standard. standard benefits package. there really isnt anything to special about CGI.

Seriously im really indifferent about the company, I am sure that differnet Business units will have different ups and downs, however there isnt really anything that great, or bad.

The social group is good i guess. nothing too special though. really indifferent to the whole process, lots of junior folks, but i have stepped up, and am being compensated for that. good learning experience and better than working at keane.

Cons

Nothing too exciting, its a business process management company. It might get an accountant excited, but really. its pretty dry stuff.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing.