CH2M - CH2M Hill | Glassdoor

"CH2M Hill"

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall flexibility is good. Salary is decent. Lots of very smart folks who will work hard to acheive cleint goals.

Cons

Overall the culture has changed with the new CEO. Raises are not as good. Bonuses do not flow down and stock options do not flow down anymore. Overall the company has struggled with merging divisions and folding in companys which CH2M has bought.

Other Employee Reviews for CH2M

1. "Project Consultant"

Former Employee - Project Consultant
    Former Employee - Project Consultant

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of professional training opportunities

Cons

turn-over rate is high; mid lever engineers are tempting to leave soon

Advice to Management

Need better strategy to keep the good talents.

"What Is Going On?"

Current Employee - Can't Say
    Current Employee - Can't Say

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great flexible schedule and wonderful people. Most of those I work with have been with the company 15+ years and care deeply about both the quality of their work product and the satisfaction of their customers.

Cons

The company is not anything like it was under Ralph Peterson. The "employee-owned" leviathan is simply a slogan - those in the trenches have no real say in process improvement or how the company is run/future direction. CH used to care more about its employees than just making "plan" at any cost. More layoffs happened today. Morale is the lowest I've ever seen. Every single minute of everyday must be chargeable to a project, which discourages co-workers from brainstorming about possible solutions and strategies for the future. We've become robots churning out massive amounts of work but opportunities for creativity and innovation have been all but stamped out.

Advice to Management

There's a real problem with the vision of the current CEO. There's still too much dead wood in the firm that is well connected so not subject to being pruned. Ask for input from employees about how we spend our money and what type of image we want to project. I'm absolutely for all people being treated equally in the workplace, but it infuriates me to know that my labor goes to support the disgusting gay pride parade in Denver just so we have a chance of making Fortune's list of Best Places to Work. Many times it seems like the endless layers of management are tasked with changing existing processes to justify their existence without sitting down with the folks who must implement those changes and asking for their input of both pros and cons. Ask those who will have to march to your orders BEFORE shooting from the hip and mandating. Also, why are cost/benefit analyses never performed before making major changes to existing processes? We've lost our way and have become just another huge entity. One last item. Will you ever tell us the truth about plans to take CH public?