CH2M - Very large engineering company with the pros and cons of any large bueracratic entity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CH2M

"Very large engineering company with the pros and cons of any large bueracratic entity"

Pros

Many helpful resources available to employees.

Cons

The large bueracracy can be intimidating.

Advice to Management

Help newcomers navigate the processes that might not be intuiative.

Other Employee Reviews for CH2M

"Great consulting engineering firm to work for"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer II
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer II

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Complex projects, incredibly access to senior engineers company-wide, great advancement opportunities and benefits. CH2M Hill definitely lives up to its reputation as a great company to work for. I am happier here as a staff engineer than any of my friends who work with our competitors. I have the opportunity to work on very interesting projects and the support of my supervisors in finding work that appeals to my career interests.

Cons

I have not found much about the company that I do not like. I have heard that salaries may be marginally lower than at some competitors, but I have no evidence to back that up.

Advice to Management

Offer stock options of compensation in the form of stock to younger employees. Because the company is entirely employee-owned and its aging demographics mean that many of the older staff will be divesting of their company stock in the near future, now is a perfect time to encourage younger staff to become deeply invested in CH. This will really please younger staff (e.g. myself)

CH2M Response

Apr 11, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience with CH2M HILL is so positive!

"Great benefits, great pay, terrible management."

Former Employee - Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at CH2M full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very competitive benefits, very good pay, life/work balance and some interesting projects. Very supportive of former employees to be.

Cons

Management does not has visibility on what is going on in the company. They go on a hire spree to shortly later let go half of the new hires due to lack of pickup in work.

Advice to Management

Plan ahead for workload. Be more involved with what is going on.