CH2M - Stable, employee-centered, overall good | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CH2M

"Stable, employee-centered, overall good"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer I
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer I

I worked at CH2M full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment was pleasant and the work stress level was about average. I was given autonomy and responsibility, as well as training. Coworkers were friendly.

Cons

I felt stuck and was not gaining adequate experience for my preferences and aspirations. Perhaps this is a new-hire syndrome, but I felt like it was going to be difficult to acquire engineering skills quickly.

Other Employee Reviews for CH2M

"Very large engineering company with the pros and cons of any large bueracratic entity"

Pros

Many helpful resources available to employees.

Cons

The large bueracracy can be intimidating.

Advice to Management

Help newcomers navigate the processes that might not be intuiative.

"Great consulting engineering firm to work for"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer II
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer II

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Complex projects, incredibly access to senior engineers company-wide, great advancement opportunities and benefits. CH2M Hill definitely lives up to its reputation as a great company to work for. I am happier here as a staff engineer than any of my friends who work with our competitors. I have the opportunity to work on very interesting projects and the support of my supervisors in finding work that appeals to my career interests.

Cons

I have not found much about the company that I do not like. I have heard that salaries may be marginally lower than at some competitors, but I have no evidence to back that up.

Advice to Management

Offer stock options of compensation in the form of stock to younger employees. Because the company is entirely employee-owned and its aging demographics mean that many of the older staff will be divesting of their company stock in the near future, now is a perfect time to encourage younger staff to become deeply invested in CH. This will really please younger staff (e.g. myself)

CH2M Response

Apr 11, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience with CH2M HILL is so positive!