CH2M - Excellent company, big and not bureaucratic | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CH2M

"Excellent company, big and not bureaucratic"

Current Employee - Vice President in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Vice President in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong ethics and sense of doing what is right for the right reason. Entrepreneurial and empowering. The firm does most any kind of engineering imaginable, which means employees can set their own career path (provided the firm's needs are being met). Strong technology organization and career path. Staff are to be responsible and accountable - good processes for making that happen. Very flexible place to work - great work/personal balance.

Cons

Financial system is excellent in many ways, but makes Project Managers have to get into too much financial detail (the system could be much simpler to achieve the same goals). Getting work can be largely up to the individual depending on the situation. To advance in the firm may mean you need to relocate.

Advice to Management

Simplify the financial / project management systems to make it easier & more efficient to manage a project.

Other Employee Reviews for CH2M

"No room for growth unless you are in the good ol' boys club"

Current Employee - Wastewater Treatment Operator in The Villages, FL
    Current Employee - Wastewater Treatment Operator in The Villages, FL

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of overtime if you want it

Cons

Horrible management/Top heavy/Good ol' boys club

Advice to Management

There is no need for 1 manager per 10 employees. Also, try rewarding some of the people there who actually come in every day, work hard, learn, and exhibit some true character rather than those that do nothing but complain, sit around in their trucks, and cause accidents. Make things equitable. Quit moving people up based on who is in the good ol' boys club. Create opportunities for those who have a brain and want to contribute.

CH2M Response

Jul 18, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

We are sorry that your experience with the company has not been a positive one. Thank you for taking the time to review CH2M HILL. We will forward your feedback to Sr. Management.

"Fantastic company and best run help desk team that I've ever encountered"

I have been working at CH2M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well organized, great team members who pull together and know their stuff.

Cons

Insurance benefits weren't quite standard for the local area back when I worked there, but they've hopefully improved since then. I wish they were still local.

Advice to Management

Know what motivates employees... a well motivated team of employees with the right tools will exceed your expectations every day and enjoy doing it.

CH2M Response

May 6, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to review the company. We will pass it along to Senior Management.