CHAN Healthcare Auditors - Great Mission Based Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CHAN Healthcare Auditors

"Great Mission Based Company"

Pros

A mission based company, where you can feel that you are doing good and getting paid for it
Cutting edge - constantly trying to improve the way value is added to clients and healthcare
Growing knowledge sharing functions with a lot of base material to get the job done, and opportunities to contribute
Benefits are reasonablity good and work life balance a priority

Cons

Struggling to grow out of small company mentality, but positive signs show transition to more disseminated leadership
You may have to move cities to be promoted, but promotion is possible
Pay is reasonable, but can stagnate after a few years

Advice to Management

CHAN needs to take a step towards an operating company, growing standards, and working less through committee. Its getting too big to work that way.

Other Employee Reviews for CHAN Healthcare Auditors

1. "Growing organization with many opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors (More than 8 years)

Pros

CHAN is a great place to work that has been strengthened by the ownership and influence of Crowe Horwath. Leadership is focused on growing the organization, bringing more opportunities for everyone. Decisions are made with employees in mind. Employees are surveyed annually and their feedback is taken very seriously at the highest levels of the company. I am proud to have been a part of CHAN.

Cons

There has been a lot of change over the past couple of years, and change can be difficult, but these changes are making a better overall organization.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on growth and the quality of the work product, and you will be successful. You hire smart, talented employees; trust them to do the right thing.

"5 Years of Dysfunction"

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent starting wage. Great talent among their Audit Managers. Great Resources to complete audits. Annual conferences are a great idea, but are greatly underutilized. Great HR Team.

Cons

Upper Management leaves much to be desired. Bonuses, promotions and annual raises are just as fictitious as unicorns. I’ve seen Directors take credit for subordinate's work to get their bonuses. I had one director who was so verbally abusive, that employees left her team-meetings in tears. There was a lot of turnover during her reign. After I reported her behavior to the VP (in accordance with policy), she was finally demoted, (not fired) and left to work with the team. That process took a whole year. Unfortunately, she was quite disgruntled when she worked with the team, and caused a lot of havoc. I personally experienced a lot of retaliation from her. The new Director took credit for a lot of my work including winning a $300k consulting engagement with the client. The CHAN VP never knew I was responsible for many things my director presented to her. When it came time for bonuses, he never supported his staff. Instead, I was told I was blackballed by the VP for reporting my previous director’s behavior. My director told me that he was quoting the VP when he said employment is at will. There’s been a lot of turnover during his reign as well. I'm leaving CHAN believing I’ve been ripped off for over $15k in lost bonuses and raises that I earned. I firmly believe the future of CHAN as it is currently organized is quite limited if it continues down this current path. Crowe definitely needs to clean firmly house as far as upper management is concerned and start from scratch.

Advice to Management

Crowe needs to fire current management, and start from scratch.