CHE Behavioral Health Services - Learning Experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Credentialing Manager in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Credentialing Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at CHE Behavioral Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

learning and doing credentialing for several states and the credentialing policies of private, government and managed care insurances of different states

Cons

No growth opportunities to the dedicated staff. No salary increases,

Advice to Management

provide growing opportunities to dedicated staff

Other Employee Reviews for CHE Behavioral Health Services

1. "Psychologist Review"

Current Employee - Licensed Psychologist in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Licensed Psychologist in Bronx, NY

I have been working at CHE Behavioral Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked with CHE for two years now. I started on a part time-basis and increased the hours that I worked with CHE over a period of time. They were able to keep my two work site locations close to home while providing a flexible schedule which was important to my family life. I loved the fact that I could, once again, work on an interdisciplinary team while serving a diverse patient population which I didn’t have in my practice. Overall, I certainly recommend working with CHE. It’s been a very positive and welcome change in my professional career.

It was a sigh of relief to have CHE handle all of the administrative work, freeing me up to focus on my patients. The company provides a good combination of structure but also allowing me the freedom to practice the way that I see fit for my patients. Personally, the job satisfaction was a huge plus since I knew I was working with an under-served population that truly appreciated the time we spent together. From a financial perspective, I was shocked that they offered a 401k retirement option with a 25% match. They also provided fair, reliable compensation which was obviously a requirement.

Cons

The transition was slightly different from what I expected but the regional psychologists were easily available to provide feedback and guidance, making for a more smooth transition. After the first two weeks, the work became natural and efficient. There were a lot of patients to be seen in the facility, but it gave me a great reason to interact with the staff to prioritize care. That level of patients needing care also provided a level of job security which felt comforting.

Advice to Management

No additional advice. Management is easily accessible.

2. "employment review"

Current Employee - Psychologist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Psychologist in New York, NY

I have been working at CHE Behavioral Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

independence, flexibility of schedule, referral base

Cons

limited vacation time, no raises

Advice to Management

increase vacation time. For salaried employees, make base salary just that, rather than essentially fee for service