CHG Healthcare - Company core values are great, however, managment doesn't seem to follow them as expected. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CHG Healthcare

"Company core values are great, however, managment doesn't seem to follow them as expected."

Former Employee - Hospital Privilege Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Hospital Privilege Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Fun work activities. Gym and free health clinic.

Cons

I worked in Hospital Privileges and my manager was such a monster that the manager almost made me cry on my first day. My character was attacked on the first day and I hadn't even had time to create an impression at all. This was continuous for a month before I was fired over false accusations. I have an impeccable work history in the healthcare field and have never once been written up or fired until I came to CHG. I was verbally bullied by a manager who simply did not like me for unknown reasons. The company as a whole is great, but as I've seen on many reviews, management does not promote the same "employee first" concept.

Advice to Management

There is a fine line between character building and bullying. While I completely respect an honest opinion and management who provides constructive feedback to their employees, there is a point where being constructive can turn into the exact opposite and cause emotional distress to someone which in turn deminishes moral.

Other Employee Reviews for CHG Healthcare

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company that seems like they care more about their employees than most. I wake up every day happy to come to work and the environment is like nothing else. They give me all of the tools I need to be successful in my position and the training is excellent. Benefits are decent and we have an onsite healthcare clinic and gym. Celebrate the small things!

Cons

Pay could be a little bit better and there are way too many meetings.

Advice to Management

Make it more clear about the steps to take to grow with the company.

"DON'T DO IT. Dont get misleaded by their ranking of best places to work."

Former Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Client/Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good benefits
    - gym onsite
    -Nurse practioners on site to treat employees
    -Executives deliver treats to your desk
    -Managers are very friendly
    -Casual dress

Cons

- no room for new ideas or creativity. As a provider/ client recruiter they have their number of calls and activity employees have to follow- very old school -cold calling methods (220-300 calls required a week)

-a cut throat environment. Teams can become more cut throat than collaborative. Team members constantly competing with each other for the same business.

-Employees with no more than a high school education

- During training i was told "You are here to make money not to make friends"

-VERY HIGH TURNOVER. They set unrealistic expectations- they recruit you saying"we are one of the best places to work and employees make 6 figures" When in reality ,the nature of job is undesirable and contrary to what they tell you, most people dont make good money for 3-4+ yrs in the job.

- Basically if you can outlast your teammates, eventually (years down the road), you can absorb their business and make money.

- Good company but nothing to wow about.

Advice to Management

When you hire new talent, set good expectations. Just like you train your employees to do when they recruit healthcare providers.