CHI Franciscan - Lackluster at Best-Possibly A Sinking Ship | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CHI Franciscan

"Lackluster at Best-Possibly A Sinking Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at CHI Franciscan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have met some great people as far as co-workers; a good place to see a lot of different medical cases/clinical situations; decent salary and benefits but not fantastic; well-regarded in the community

Cons

Leadership is basically non-existent in the department I work in (you may not see your manager for weeks at a time and are likely to never get a reply to your email or phone message); incompetent and poor performing staff members are retained but their performance shortcomings are expected to be absorbed/compensated by the stronger performing staff members; organization talks about its values and integrity but that is just propaganda-what matters is that the upper management and physicians (who seem to walk on water at this place) get their whims and high salaries met while other staff members just squeak by; they expect full time employees to constantly pick up extra shifts and when people refuse they are told they are "not supporting their co-workers"

Advice to Management

Have faith in the knowledge of some of your front end staff; ask staff what the problems are instead of thinking you know the answer and addressing something that isn't really an issue; value the contribution that people make to the organization; understand the stress that poor management places on front end staff; hold department heads accountable

Other Employee Reviews for CHI Franciscan

1. "Great place to learn but most management can't be trusted"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

-great people to work with
    - organization is growing rapidly , a lot of opportunities
    - Benefits are Ok

Cons

- just go to work and work hard and get out of there. Depending on which area you go to Sr. Leadership has favorites. Lots of gossip and backbiting.

Advice to Management

Focus on how you treat people!

"Good place to learn and work!"

Current Employee - Nurse Technician in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Nurse Technician in Tacoma, WA

Pros

They have many areas of interest for new nurses starting out and several great locations to choose from. They treat their employees like family and most managers are very easy to work with about time off and special requests. I will graduate next year and am looking forward to starting my first nursing job there!

Cons

I worked for 18 months in renal dialyis as a dialysis technician and after my one year review I was told I met all the requirements for a $0.60 per hour raise. I was happy to get the extra money but after two paychecks it never happened. I called HR 4 times and talked to everyone, they all said they'd check into it and call me back but no one did. I finally transferred out to a Nurse Technician in a different department. I didn't want to fight it anymore.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, be respectful of people in all titles, ask rather than tell, do unto other as you would have them do unto you.