CHRISTUS Health - Work | Glassdoor

"Work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the staff. They're all "healing heroes" in my book.

Cons

New grad training is subpar and then new nurses are thrown to the wolves to sink or swim and potentially hurt someone in the process. Health insurance to provide for your family is outrageously expensive. Annual raises are not competitive at all.

Advice to Management

Allow managers/HR to offer merit raises throughout the year not just annually to reward excellent performance. No one is in this profession for the money but when you work really hard it's nice to be rewarded for such.

Other Employee Reviews for CHRISTUS Health

1. "Family oriented and high sense of citizenship in the community"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Texarkana, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Christus Health has a strong sense of family and citizenship in the local communities that they serve.
    The sense of caring and serving the underprivileged, as well as those who are able to carry a part of the financial cost on their own, has been a strong conviction of this company/health care provider.

Cons

Outsourcing seems to be a bane to this corporation despite all the good points that can be shown. All in all the good outweighs the bad.

Advice to Management

Continue to build infrastructure so that jobs will be preserved instead of outsourced

2. "This is the WORST career decision I have ever made- absolute career suicide- Worst Company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Alexandria, LA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Alexandria, LA

I worked at CHRISTUS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is competitive for a small town work place

Cons

It does not matter how hard you work (and trust me, this job must be your entire life to succeed at all with this company), you will NOT be promoted unless you are "in" with the right people. Even then, everyone at this company loves to point the finger at the next person for their own mistakes.

There is absolutely no personal accountability with senior or even mid level management to admit fault on their own part. Every day is a new blame game. I was once ambitious- but I have learned over my years with this hospital that ambition only causes enemies and puts your face on the radar as someone that should actually be kept down, versus promoted in any way.

This is a hospital to work for if you are ready to kill your career, and your future career options. In no case in my experiences with man

Advice to Management

LISTEN to others. Do not think that you know everything!!! Other opinions could open doors for you, and maybe, just maybe, if you would hear the thoughts of your employees, you might make it as a CHRISTUS hospital at least until the next decade.