CHRISTUS Spohn Health System - Overworked and management untrustworthy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

"Overworked and management untrustworthy"

Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech
Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech

Pros

I loved helping patients. I loved being constantly busy making the day go by faster.
It was close by to where I lived.

Cons

Management would throw you under the bus if it meant that her job would be on the line. I was hired on as PRN and worked over full time. Before I was hired, I let them know certain dates I would miss, and seeing that I was supposed to be making my own schedule and come in as when and as long as I wanted, it should not have been a problem. The moment I called in to tell them I wouldn't be in that day, I was forced into an "exit" meeting, where I explained that I was hired in NOT as FT. They did not believe me, however, I just so happen to make copies of online Job Descriptions and copies of my applying for that job. I brought that in to HR and they did find it on their system as well. They apologized and asked me to stay, but at that point the damage was done. My manager sat in that exit meeting with 5 other people and lied to all their faces. You do NOT want to work for that type of company where the people have no ethics, morals or integrity.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers. Just because they are not management level, does not mean they have no idea what they are talking about. Not every one is a liar!
Be careful how you treat your workers, some of us are working as "techs" right now in your hospital because we are going through Medical School. DO you think for a second we will want to work as a Doctor in a hospital that treats their "regular" employees like dirt?

Other Employee Reviews for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

1. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant/Unit Secretary in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great coworkers, flexible schedule

Cons

Big corporate attitude. Only cares about profit when it's a non for profit hospital

2. "Paying for a new building and sacrificing patient care and employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a paycheck until can find a better place to work outside the network.

Cons

Value the newly graduated and undermine anyone else. Become so focused on money while building a new building, not giving raises to employees and laying off people under the table while having just hired less expensive, inexperienced labor.

Advice to Management

Live up to the mission and vision of respect for the individual. Get rid of the Clique of upper management who promote their friends after basically firing others from positions in the guise of position eliminations while in the meantime the end game to put your friends in upper mgmt.