CIDC - A place I would prefer to forget. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CIDC

"A place I would prefer to forget."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

The location was good in some ways. Benefits package was satisfactory. Majority of the coworkers were nice people and good to work with.

Cons

The senior management managed to completely screw up the company within 2 years. Not only that, my immediate supervisor was absolutely awful and a pure pain to deal with. While growth opportunities were present they were quite limited mostly consisting of doing more of the same thing for a little more money. I was lied to about the salary from the get-go as well and ended up to be somewhat underpaid (although admittedly not by a huge amount). Altogether a place I would rather forget.

Advice to Management

Listen to smart people within the company, they know what's going on. Oh wait, vast majority of them already got fired or left on their own accord.

Other Employee Reviews for CIDC

1. "Ineffective senior management, lack of communication, poor overall strategy"

Pros

none really, nothing impressive to be very honest

Cons

Senior management is secretive, lack of communication, unfriendly coworkers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your directors and mid-level managers for input and to create the strategy.

2. "All good things must come to an end..."

I have been working at CIDC full-time

Pros

The employees were its best assets. They were committed to see the company succeed. Management was cognizant of work/life balance. Flexibility in allowing employees to work remotely when needed.

Cons

External market forces caused profitability to suffer. Questionable decisions were made by some members of Senior Management (who were not familiar with our core business) that ended up costing the company financially and set the table for its decline. There was a perceived lack of support from our European parent company.

Advice to Management

Too late now... but if they (our parent company) left our Senior Management in place instead of bringing in inexperienced managers we would still be viable.