CIT - Going Down the Tubes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CIT
There are newer employer reviews for CIT

See Most Recent

Helpful (1)

"Going Down the Tubes"

Star Star Star Star Star
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
Doesn't Recommend
Disapproves of CEO

Pros

They bribed me to join the company. It is currently in turnaround mode. There is not that much pressure as so many people in the company are not currently performing.

Cons

Company is currently in distress. Without access to the unsecured credit markets, it is tough to originate new loans. The company is too large for its present level of business activity and it needs to be severely downsized. Thus, working there is a constant uphill battle if you are actually trying to deliver results. There is a general malaise among employees.

Advice to Management

Sell the company soon to someone that has cheaper access to funds.

Other Employee Reviews for CIT

  1. "Accountant"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    No opinion of CEO

    I worked at CIT full-time (More than 3 years)

    Pros

    Good colleagues , large diversified org . Fairly fast moving so opportunities to get things done and move things fed.

    Cons

    I had a particularly bad manager, who's shortcomings were recognised at the highest levels, but nothing was done and all the team eventually left.

    Advice to Management

    Communication


  2. "Great Benefits"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    No opinion of CEO

    I worked at CIT (More than 10 years)

    Pros

    Sr Mgmt, Customer base, colleagues, high sense of urgency, sales focused. I would work there again. Great benefits both standard coverage as well as additional perks like unlimited sick days, flexible schedules, a very generous RSP match up to 6% of total earnings! AMAZING! Think about that for a minute: for just 6% investment of your own money, you save 12% of you total income every year! just absolutely amazing!

    Cons

    Competitive industry, not the most favorable rates, sometimes conservative credit limits to less than stellar credit rating, low risk tolerance on credit lines, all these make it harder to close the deal, but not impossible, just a challenge to be creative


There are newer employer reviews for CIT
There are newer employer reviews for CIT

See Most Recent

Work at CIT? Share Your Experiences

CIT
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or