KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Temporary Employee

Good

Jul 20, 2022 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good communication with the staff and kind patients

Cons

Busy, not enough lunch time, a lot of over time

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good place to work

Sep 25, 2022 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work but underpaid

Cons

Pay is low and I worked long hours

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Job Review after 1 year

Jul 26, 2022 - Medical Scribe in Sayville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Experience in medicine, most want to go into a medical career including becoming a Doctor, PA, RN, NP, Paramedic, etc. Working in Urgent care you will work with patient cases involving many areas of medicine that include ENT, Derm, Ortho, general trauma, GI, Urology etc. As a scribe you see it all and get to develop skills with working with a medical team and also learning from the physicians. The connections you will make are the most important part of doing this job in my opinion, Letters of Rec's from physicians and management will help you get into schools and getting jobs down the road. Do this job for the experience and connections, not the money.

Cons

Urgent cares are limited on how specialized the medical treatement are and often patients are referred out to specialists to be further treated such as surgeons, cardiologists, pulmonologists etc. The work is also very demanding and has a degree of difficulty that the wage may not equate to. Working in a very fast pace setting may be very stressful to some and freetime is often scarce because you will nearly be going from patient to patient constantly. (Working in fast pace setting is also a quality skill depending on perspective) If you value money over experience, there are most likely higher paying jobs out their. This job does not pay well enough for the amount of work and knowledge you will need.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about CITYMD.

CITYMD Photos

+ Add Photo
CITYMD photo of: Recruitment team in Boston 2015
CITYMD photo of: ACEP 2015
CITYMD photo of: Halloween 2016
CITYMD photo of: Our team in Clifton, NJ
CITYMD photo of: Our team in Paramus, NJ
CITYMD photo of: Our team in Jamaica, Queens
CITYMD photo of: Supporting our community

CITYMD Job Seekers Also Viewed