CMG Financial - Organized Chaos with tons of nepotism. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CMG Financial

"Organized Chaos with tons of nepotism."

Current Employee - Underwriter II in San Ramon, CA
Current Employee - Underwriter II in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere amongst trench workers. Benefits are Great! Sometimes weekly potlucks

Cons

Mis-management. No Reviews. No raises. too much nepotism. zero accountability.

Advice to Management

come up with a self review system that involves setting goals, keeping track of the goals, and having real-time training to be able to perform job function correctly. Working here for so many years/months and not one review nor raise is disheartening and overwhelmingly spirit-crushing. Taking suggestions from the workforce seriously. The mangement could learn a great deal from the employees if the employees didn't have the fear of getting fired/ laid off.

Other Employee Reviews for CMG Financial

"Phenomenal Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Management, Growth, Culture, Training

Cons

Benefits, Time -off, Building Construction, Parking, perks

Advice to Management

I love to come to work every day! The culture is beyond any company I have worked for! I have worked here for almost 3 years. The senior management promotes growth within the company. I have been able to grow into a position where I love to come to work each day.

"Conventional Underwriter II"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at CMG Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Advancement and pay. Benefits okay. Leadership has high ideals and says all the right stuff.

Cons

Daily stress level about an 8 sometimes a 10 (1 lowest 10 highest). 3 top level management left within 6 months and replacements were not same caliber. Scottsdale Fulfillment Center hired a branch manager to replace Branch Manager that moved on. Currently (as May 2014) replacement Branch Mngr no longer at CMG. Underwriters crying and over worked and under trained. Can't reach bonus if you are not doing FHA streamlines or have 13 years of experience. Files submitted are awful. Registration does good job, however, Account Managers have no authority to clear very simple conditions and unable to identify satisfactory PTD conditions to submitted for underwriter to clear. Average touches per file are 5-7 before files goes to closing.

Advice to Management

Hire professional third party underwriting instructors to train all underwriters and managers.