CMG Partners - Helping clients, and employees, achieve growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CMG Partners

"Helping clients, and employees, achieve growth."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CMG Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CMG Partners has allowed me to broaden and deepen my experience exponentially. Through collaborative projects with other high-caliber consultants, for both clients and the firm alike, I have grown into a passionate strategic marketing consultant. In the last two years, I have been exposed to so many new and exciting opportunities, and I have been given complete control over my career. Through project and firm work, I have been able to target my true passion and begin working on my professional development - regardless of where it takes me. Our team is wildly diverse, but incredibly close-knit. We are consummate marketing professionals who know how to play hard and have fun.

Cons

Culture is important in every business, and it is especially critical for a small business. Our small, but growing, team is currently spread out along the eastern seaboard, and we don't always have the pleasure of being able to work with each other.

CMG Partners Response

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Appreciate your feedback. It's wonderful to hear our team of curious thinkers and adaptive doers brings out the best in each other. We'll continue to find opportunities to bring everyone together... More

Other Employee Reviews for CMG Partners

1. "Smart people - Expect to work a lot!"

Former Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at CMG Partners as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Smart people who care
    - Great challenge
    - Lots of freedom as long as you get the job done
    - Cool office

Cons

- Very long hours
    - Working from home can be challenging and it is important to take initiative to constantly stay in contact with team.

Advice to Management

No complains

"Good place to grow and then leave"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at CMG Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire amazingly independent and creative people. You will like most of your coworkers. Flex hours. A great little boutique firm to use as a platform to grow in your career.

Cons

No work/life balance as you are expected to answer emails at 11 PM and at 6 AM, Senior Management is ill-equipped to handle their positions (they are all brilliant consultants, not managers), Most partners do not care about your life and treat the company like a personal playground with their attitudes and moods affecting your daily work life AND quarterly compensation, the HR department is a joke, they promote 'culture' without understanding what that means. High turnover, no personality, variable compensation (meaning about 70-80% of salary offer per year).

Advice to Management

Invest in your team, in HR, in company policy, and in being fair and kind. You have 2 out of 5 partners that are worth the time and job, and they are in DC.