CMG Partners - Tremendous learning opportunity and terrific place for personal growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CMG Partners

"Tremendous learning opportunity and terrific place for personal growth"

Former Employee - Director in Durham, NC
Former Employee - Director in Durham, NC

I worked at CMG Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse group of clients across a variety of industries. Talented, intelligent people to collaborate with and learn from. Opportunity for personal and professional growth. CMG Partners as a firm is truly committed to its employees and makes every effort to provide growth opportunities to those who seek the challenge and perform at a high level.

At all levels of the organization you will be tasked with meaningful work that will directly impact the success of your clients, the firm and yourself. In my over 5 years working at CMG Partners, I received exposure to business issues and marketing challenges that I would not have received at other places. This exposure provided me with invaluable experiences and knowledge to build my career. When an opportunity arose for me to take a major step in my career and move into a senior leadership position out of consulting and back into industry, not only did I go with the Partner's blessing, but with support of the CMG family. That is the type of organization they are and more importantly the type of people that make up the organization.

Cons

The consulting life is not for everyone. While the partners do a good job of providing work/life balance, being in the thought business and meeting client's demands requires high levels of dedication and commitment to the firm and its clients.

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Thanks for your feedback. We agree that people are the heart of CMG, and we continue to challenge ourselves in bringing meaning and balance to all our internal workings. So true that consulting is ... More

Other Employee Reviews for CMG Partners

1. "Helping clients, and employees, achieve growth."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CMG Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CMG Partners has allowed me to broaden and deepen my experience exponentially. Through collaborative projects with other high-caliber consultants, for both clients and the firm alike, I have grown into a passionate strategic marketing consultant. In the last two years, I have been exposed to so many new and exciting opportunities, and I have been given complete control over my career. Through project and firm work, I have been able to target my true passion and begin working on my professional development - regardless of where it takes me. Our team is wildly diverse, but incredibly close-knit. We are consummate marketing professionals who know how to play hard and have fun.

Cons

Culture is important in every business, and it is especially critical for a small business. Our small, but growing, team is currently spread out along the eastern seaboard, and we don't always have the pleasure of being able to work with each other.

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Appreciate your feedback. It's wonderful to hear our team of curious thinkers and adaptive doers brings out the best in each other. We'll continue to find opportunities to bring everyone together ... More

"Great people, lots of good work to do"

I have been working at CMG Partners full-time

Pros

I really enjoy this group of people - they are smart, curious, very hard working and fun. The firm manages to maintain a cohesive culture even though we all work in several offices around the country. These are really smart people, but we have fun too. The work is excellent with strategic work for big brands - impressive for a smaller firm - great for building your resume and getting great experience with big names and interesting projects -- and even entry level folks (and interns) work on big projects.

Cons

The management of the firm is a bit unusual. No HR, Partners tend to rule by personality and there are reviews every quarter (too often).

Advice to Management

Balance critical "grows" with more positive feedback.

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Thank you for your note. Our passion for our clients' success and the team's development (plus our ability to play as hard as we work) sets us apart. You're right that we're a bit unconventional in ... More