CMIT - CMIT was the first place I worked where I felt like I was really moving my career forward. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CMIT

"CMIT was the first place I worked where I felt like I was really moving my career forward."

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX
Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at CMIT as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

CMIT is extremely flexible with hours, every time I have a conflict, I just let my manager know how I want to move my schedule around for the week, and that's that! I've never been told "No, that doesn't work, you have to be here during that time." The people I work with on a daily basis are really what makes the job such a good experience, everyone's a team player, and they really put a lot of faith in me as an intern. I actually asked to extend my internship into the fall semester and arranged my classes so that I could stay longer. I now manage a database and send out emails to a list of over 100k prospects - as an intern, it's amazing working at a company that has that kind of faith in your work.

Cons

There can be a lot of responsibility and pressure - CMIT is a franchise, which means that all of the franchise partners constantly have their eyes on you and your work.

Advice to Management

Internal communication needs some work, but it's made improvements since I've been here!

Other Employee Reviews for CMIT

1. "Good small business franchise."

Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC

Pros

CMIT is a franchise that does small business support, it depends on who runs the store but there is strong national support.

Cons

Mainly small business clients, if that isn't you cup of tea then you will not enjoy it as much.

2. "Nice - but management is not always paying attention to the overall market."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

It is a nice place to work. Good location and salary is decent. The people are very nice and they treat us well.

Cons

Management can be a little out of touch at times. Projects many times get started and then are stopped because they failed to do the proper research before starting.

Advice to Management

Network with other local business owners on marketing and sales ideas. Move the company from focusing on "small business" to just business owners. Small business traps us in a market that many times can not afford our services.