CNA - Senior management great, great company, however my director partially ruined my experience at CNA. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CNA

"Senior management great, great company, however my director partially ruined my experience at CNA."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CNA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very intelligent senior management. Very knowledgeable upon the industry, friendly and respectful to staff members. Senior management for the most part does not specifically create a feeling of superiority. Can move very easily throughout the company. Compensation is competitive.

Cons

My Director was not well informed on the insurance industry and did not have a sufficient knowledge on basic accounting, therefore it was very hard to learn from him.

Advice to Management

Get away from the "same as last time approach", if you ask you employees to try something completely new, it will identify the strong performers from the performers who only know how to copy and paste from last month.

Other Employee Reviews for CNA

"CNA what could be"

Current Employee - Policy Service Representative in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Policy Service Representative in Littleton, CO

I have been working at CNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work and life balance, amazing managers

Cons

Hard to move up; large work load, no direction with work loads

Advice to Management

start developing plans rather than always being in damage control

"Run away and do not look back - terrible leadership, mediocre work, low pay, 1950's culture"

Former Employee - PSR in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - PSR in Littleton, CO

I worked at CNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were some of the most supportive people I have ever met. Great sense of community among them. Decent work/life balance.

Cons

A hostile workplace culture where turnover is extremely high; bad pay that does not reflect the stress placed on you by the job and micro managing management; a management team that thinks they are always right and does not value their employees; dress clothes everyday; very little room for growth - even if more than qualified. The list goes on and on.

Advice to Management

Please resign and go back to business school. This is not how a company in 2013 should be run.