CNA - Financial Analayst | Glassdoor

"Financial Analayst"

Pros

Good Company for a break in corporate world...

Cons

Personally it's not that easy to move around or grove in this type of industry... more competitive environment..

Other Employee Reviews for CNA

"General disappointment, a complete lack of support, and a horrible first job ending in pain and confusion."

I worked at CNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has decent benefits and there are career opportunities for those who have the right education, training and mindset. When I was injured on the job, the company did respond immediately to the claim and the process was fairly smooth.

Cons

I worked for CNA for less than a year in a trainee position. The position came with a decent moving expense but I was not compensated for this until a month after I had moved. The company made many promises and statements that were incorrect or not followed through on. The company management practices are from the top down and though the company says that mistakes are learning experiences, any mistakes made are not treated as such. Unfortunately, I had what I believe to be an unfair experience at CNA but I have been told by fellow employees that I wasn't the only person who went though that kind of experience. I was lied to about the benefits that I would have and what the job expectations would truly be. My manager spoke down to me and directly lied to my face in several instances. He also acted like a child when he believed that I had spoken against him and refused to speak to me for several days. I was injured on the job and was away from work for some time. The day after my doctor released me to full duty, I was called into the office early, escorted directly into a meeting room, and was notified that I would not be able to complete my training program. During my time at CNA, I felt like I was constantly on the chopping block and that I had absolutely no management support or proper training for the position that I was hired on to complete. The hiring process was so smooth and I had such hopes for this job. I turned down several other excellent job opportunities and I was truly looking forward to an amazing career when I was first hired on. The first two weeks my training program fell apart and during the third week I was injured on the job with an injury that would later result in weeks of missed work, an extensive surgery and extended recovery time. After all of that, no matter how hard I worked, I was not able to keep a job that I really loved for a company that I didn't. It was a very disappointing experience and one that I hope to never have to repeat. If you are EVER injured on the job, file for a disability with HR through the American Disabilities Act. If you are unclear on how to do this contact an employment attorney who can help you. The meetings with the attorney are private and having this help is worth more than its weight in gold. You have every right to speak with an attorney or seek outside help without the need of notifying your employer and with no ramifications. If I had done this at the time of the injury I would not have lost my job!

Advice to Management

Support the workers under you. Remember that words have meaning but more importantly actions speak louder than words. If there is a problem, address the issue head on with the employee and not sidestep the issue or make the employee feel inferior. Never lie directly about an issue and always be completely honest in your business dealings with those under you. The customer matters but so do those employees and they need your encouragement and support.

2. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at CNA full-time

Pros

Commitment to growth in short term

Cons

Leadership in seeming frequent flux

Advice to Management

Need to give employees the feeling that leadership is stable