CNL Software - Interesting and motivating, professionally rewarding | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CNL Software

"Interesting and motivating, professionally rewarding"

I worked at CNL Software full-time

Pros

What’s happening to the internet? Twitter, Facebook, forums, blogs and review sites are all filling up with people spouting their negative comments as if they were facts and mostly under a veil of anonymity.

I worked at CNL and know several who still do. There are lots of reasons for changing jobs and they’re not all bad. A young workforce is often a mobile one and priorities change over time. Buying a house, starting a family, having to move closer to grandparents or whatever.

I really liked working at CNL but things changed in my life and I quickly needed a higher paid job, which I managed to get thanks in parts to what I had learned there. No bad feelings from either side. My current job isn’t as fun and the commute a pain but I have to save for a deposit. Working closely with their security software I know its power first hand and many large customers in different countries clearly feel the same.

Cons

Work was often demanding but the complex customer problems I helped solve was also what motivated me. My new job doesn’t do that but I knew as much. What suits one person is not always right for another. Sites like these are by design not the most objective of places so make sure you do your own research.

Advice to Management

Only hire people with a can do attitude. Most other things can be taught.

Other Employee Reviews for CNL Software

"Challenging product, bad management"

Former Employee - Software Solutions Engineer in Knaphill, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Solutions Engineer in Knaphill, England (UK)

I worked at CNL Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In general software developers had good dev skill and product knowledge. Development process very close to Agile.

Cons

Lots of political games .. as usual, but a bit tOO MUCH comparing with the companies I used to work for. Company locate far away from any train station. No benefits.

Advice to Management

More strong core development team need to be created. Development process need to be changed. Team size is too small for the product and development work. Managers should support developer more and understand product in more details.

2. "A good company to work for that gave me opportunity to apply and grow my skills."

I worked at CNL Software full-time

Pros

Exciting products and customers. Opportunity to do work that really matters. A great team of likeminded people from different backgrounds. Relatively high salaries for the industry and location. I enjoyed my time but had to leave due to a change of personal circumstances. Would apply again if the opportunity arose.

Cons

Not for everyone, but where is? Work was often intense and demanding. Some people have quit because they couldn’t take the pressure. Fewer perks than in a large company but not too different from other SMEs I’ve worked for.

Advice to Management

Don’t delay correcting recruitment errors. Not everyone will turn out to be right and those that are not capable enough or don’t have the right attitude are better out than in. Complainers should take a good look at themselves!