CODA - Lacking | Glassdoor

"Lacking"

Former Employee - Relief Site Support in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Relief Site Support in Portland, OR

Pros

Good place to self-teach skills, and get out. Apply the experience elsewhere.

Cons

Internal communication is disjointed at best. High turnover, employee morale low. Lack of protocol regarding training, and onslaught of responsibility foisted upon new employees leaves them overwhelmed highlighting their underpaid positions.

Advice to Management

Take the time, and spend the money to develop stream-lined protocol for communication, authority and seek input from ALL levels in the company (front-line to site management).

Other Employee Reviews for CODA

1. "Great start into the realm of addiction clinics"

Current Employee - UA Tech in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - UA Tech in Portland, OR

I have been working at CODA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CODA helps many people struggling with addiction. I believe its one of the best options out there for folks who are low income. You feel appreciated working here, some staff are very helfpul, friendly, communicative and resourceful. The connections I made with staff is the greatest I have had in the realm of non profit. Hiring process is, a process but may be quick. You have a choice for great health care. Hourly folks are in the union. Salary folks arent. This is a good step into the door. Coda supports you furthering your career and education (after 6 months they pay a portion for tuition/training). I feel like folks here are very competent. Overall, I love my job, wish to climb hire up to feel valued. My supervisor is super supportive, checks in to make sure everything is flowing well and is present for any questions I have. The HR team is so so friendly, helpful and on your side. This job is benefiting many lives so it is rewarding.

Cons

Low pay. If you really want your employees to feel like they are worth it, pay them. This job is a mere dollars over minimum wage. You are forced to be a union member, which means you are paying dues. Some staff (who have been here for a long time) can be stuck in their own ways, have weird power trips and do not care about buildimg rapport with patients and build moral in the workspace. Usually we are under staff. Sometimes you have to wait a long period of time to advance to a higher position. In my job position I am doing many things all at once (a 3 person job). There are some inconsistencies due to people doing their jobs incorrectly, which makes a newcomer confused. I never really have interaction with the hire ups.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a livable wage, so there is less turn over and burnt out employees. Find it in your budget to raise their wages, to make them feel valued. Allow employees at any position to have their own space, make improvements in work environment.

2. "Acceptable - I have been looking elsewhere."

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Specialist
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Specialist

I have been working at CODA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of all I enjoy my co-workers. The work is sincere and the culture still somewhat relaxed. I feel trusted both personally and professionally. The diverse population and variable locations /services offer a huge range of experience.

Cons

Pay is low but workable. The workers feel temporary. Turnover in clinicians and management make it difficult to create stability for the clients. It's hard to implement new policy and procedure when constantly training new folks.

Advice to Management

I'm hopeful that attrition can be the next focus now that production has been addressed.