COPE Health Solutions - Extremely close interaction with senior advisors ensures that interns get the most out of this learning environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for COPE Health Solutions

"Extremely close interaction with senior advisors ensures that interns get the most out of this learning environment."

Former Employee - Corporate Intern in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Corporate Intern in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

COPE Projects are all exclusively based in the Los Angeles area, and the opportunity to be able to work on increasing overall access and quality to health in LA through a variety of projects COPE is engaged in is the most attractive quality of this firm.

Cons

There are a lot of 'high' and 'lows' during projects cases; while positive momentum can be felt early on with most all of the projects, there is a tendency for some to stagnate, perhaps due to the multi-organizational aspect of projects COPE works on (ie; waiting on XX firm/institute/org. to complete certain portion/phase of a project before COPE can move forward).

Advice to Management

A serious look at restructuring and formalizing the internship program should be considered in the near future. There are a wealth of elligible students in the Los Angeles area willing to participate in such a wonderful, successful organization. Health Care, Business and Los Angeles - wonderful pitch to (especially) undergraduate students

Other Employee Reviews for COPE Health Solutions

"Great networking medium in Health Care, but little-to-no work benefits."

Current Employee - Department Coordinator Intern for the Emergency Department in Van Nuys, CA

Pros

It feels great that I have the opportunity to motivate volunteers to continue to work hard to build their patience and understanding of hospital infrastructure. I got to meet influential individuals that I feel like I could retain these relationships for a long time.

Cons

can be very stressful for such little benefits. aside from the awesome individuals you meet along the way, the internship does not allow much opportunities to develop professionally.

Advice to Management

management needs to be open to growth and development. with so many more restrictions and liabilities, the work progress is limited to providing satisfactory performance. there is too much micro-management of human behavior, where there should be working progress towards pipeline development.

"We laugh when ppl say work/life balance...eek"

Pros

This firm has managed to hire every student who picked up everyone's slack in group projects throughout grade-school. The team is dynamic, surprisingly diverse and full of go-getters. Everyone is willing to be a resource to their colleagues and be accessible at all times. I am blown away at how much the team feels like family and works hard to cultivate a sense of unity and togetherness.

Cons

Most of the employees are young professionals, starting their careers and working on their masters. A lot of the employees do not have families or spouses and I think that this speaks to two things. One, the hours and demand of the job is not family-friendly and therefore we are not attracting candidates with families. Secondly, I suspect that after three years or so when individuals' priorities in life change they transition out of the firm because I do not believe we have a culture that can sustain employees with families.

Advice to Management

You have a team of go-getters that are committed to measuring up to the standard you set and willing to fulfill your ask regardless of how much they are stretched thin. Therefore, be mindful of your ask and do not just celebrate employees willingness to take on new task and be stretched because that can be borderline abusive. Instead also celebrate the employees who are self-aware and emotionally healthy enough to say "I have too much on my plate." We do not have a culture where people can truly practice work/life balance and be respected for it. Our culture is one where our worth as employees is based on our deliverables and although exciting and fun for a recent grad, this leads to burnout. I would like to see the firm truly invest in work/life balance, make it a part of our professional development plan and/or bring in guest speakers; let's invest in our wholeness and with that will come longevity of your employees commitment to the firm instead of it being a springboard.