CR England - My review | Glassdoor

"My review"

Current Employee - Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only reason i could see for working here would be to get enough experience to go somewhere else.

Cons

The general management is great but like all other companies they have bad apples

Advice to Management

Monitor your boss employee relationships better

Other Employee Reviews for CR England

"RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Over the Road Trucker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Over the Road Trucker in Dallas, TX

Pros

The trucks are all newer.

Cons

I am a brand new driver. I went to their school in Cedar Hill TX. They are extremely unorganized. The sent me to three different hotels. The first two were booked and the last one I never found. Lucky enough I live within 50 miles so I drove back and forth everyday. They dont pay you during your time at the school earning your CDL. Then you either wait at the hotel or at home in my case for a trainer to call you, you wait and wait and wait....They dont get in a hurry about anything. My first phase 1 trainer was a nightmare. I am a nonsmoker with lung issues and they put me on a truck with a chain smoker. He also had me sleep on the top bunk which is against policy and drove so rough that I was almost thrown from the top bunk several times. I ended up having someone pick me up at a truck stop becuase after three days of no sleep I just couldnt take it anymore. I went to the school (in Cedar Hill TX) to tell them about my experience and they stated "We dont need to hear your drama we will get you another trainer", they also said this same thing to the trainer of the truck I was on. How is anything ever going to get fixed if they never want to hear about it. They are all about safety supposedly but when you go to talk to them about an issue they dont want to hear it. Then I sat and waited another week for a new trainer. They told me they would pay me while sitting at home since it took so long waiting for the second trainer. But it never happened. My experience with the second trainer was wonderful. He showed me a lot of things and if their company had more people like him they would be okay. After Phase one was complete I went to the school again for a week for the upgrade, they didnt tell me what time I needed to be there so I was an hour late. I got there at 8am, class started at 7am. After in class training was over I waited yet another week for a trainer. My phase 2 trainer was mediocre, he slept most of the time. I drove and drove and drove and he slept. of the 4200 miles that we drove I personally drove 3300. Then my trainer proceeds to tell me hes going to drop me off at the school in Utah because he has a class he needs to go to so I will wait for another trainer or wait for his week long class to be over. So now im stuck in Utah not earning any money again waiting on another trainer... again...this whole process is a nightmare. CR England should be ashamed of themselves for putting people through this.

Advice to Management

You guys will never keep any good drivers if this is the way you are treating them. You need to get organized and treat your employees like you would want your family to be treated. You shoud be fined and shut down for the way you treat people.

"You only have a short amount of time to learn how to be really successful within the company."

Former Employee - Truck Driver CLASS A OTR in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Truck Driver CLASS A OTR in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Although you are trained to become a truck driver in a short amount a time and given you pass the course you are hired to work for them, i would say the best thing about the company is the benefits and wide range of resources available to you in order to have a successful career. Oh and lets not forget about the travel!!!

Cons

The company is a revolving door opportunity, people are hired and fired everyday. They are strict on their safety policy yet the safety training is vague. The driving training is rushed and incomplete, and once you're done, you're screwed if you don't have a patient and smart on the road trainer or a knack for learning super fast! Although i had success with the company, and had a good driver manager, i would have to say my downfall was the lack of training.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management is to put the love and respect back into the company and the people who work hard for you. What Mr. C.R. England built this company on, Love and passion for the driver and the road has been dismantled by corporate greed. The company is heartless and stands against the name it was built on.