CR England - Non living slave wages. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CR England

"Non living slave wages."

Current Employee - Driver in Fontana, CA
Current Employee - Driver in Fontana, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your homeless you can live out of the truck

Cons

To many. Everything is a scam here. I don't no if it is because it is a Norman owned business but very long hours of waiting for loads. Lots of pressure to sign the scam lease program.

Advice to Management

None really. It seams this is the way America is now.

Other Employee Reviews for CR England

"Signed-on because of the pay, stayed because of the employees, left because of management and company culture"

Former Employee - Customer Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. Employees are close, making it a tight knit community. Good Job security.
    They have a week of 'Employee Games' during the summer (free lunch and games). The company will continue to grow.

Cons

Company:
    No work life balance.
    Experience is valued over education.
    Average employee works there for about 5 years before being moved up.
    'Boys club' mentality, no women in management.
    The busiest season for trucking is around the holidays - dont expect to get time off after halloween through the new year.

Customer manager position:
    The amount of work expected out of you is more than can be completed in any 40 hour week, even at full blast, with all attention on work, with no breaks or slowing down. Management's attitude is if you really care about your job, you will come in early, and be available and responsive 24-7.
    Managements looks down on employees that work less than 45 hours a week, their attitude being that you must need more work to do.
    You cant take sick days. Even with a note/throwing up at your desk, management will verbalize that you should 'work through it'. If you have a sick kid - you will work from home (management does not provide a laptop).
    When you first start, you will work monday - saturday for the first few months, then a saturday about once a month.
    It is mandatory that you work 1-2 holidays a year. And since vacation time is given by senoirity, expect to work major holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years) for the first few years, and expect to not be able to take your full vacation time straight (1 week) - rather a day here, a day there. Vacation time is determined a year before you take it. Taking additional days unpaid will not happen. As I mentioned, the busiest season for trucking is around the holidays - expect to work 70 hr weeks.
    There is a lot of inner-office drama as well.

Advice to Management

Since the new generation of the England family took over - I really dont think management cares at all about their employees or what they think, only the bottom line. If just that alone changed, They would have a chance at reviving the employee moral. They are very removed from the employees since the company has grown.

"Not Too Great"

Former Employee - Driver Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Driver Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The starting pay is okay, a family run company

Cons

I was hired as a driver manager. The shift is from 7am to 4pm, but you quickly realize that those times are not actual. During training I had to get there at 6:30am and there were times where I didn't get out until 5:30pm. That seems great because you think you would be getting a lot of over time, but that isn't the case. They have you on a low salary (33k plus bonus). You quickly realize that the expectation is to get there early and leave late. Not only that, but you have to work every Saturday for the first 5 months or so (Yup, that's right, you're working 6 days a week). Also, they “encourage” you to get on at home and do some work at night. I didn't think it was fair how they purposely put you a salary so they don't have to pay you for all the extra work. When I broke it down, I was making around 12 an hour, which is not worth it.

The benefits are not very good either. Your first year there you only get 5 days’ vacation; everywhere else I have worked it's a standard 2 weeks. Let's just say the first year you are there they are trying to quickly make their money back on you.

I would say that 80 percent of the Driver Managers are single. This is a tough job for someone who has a family because you won’t be able to see them much for the first year.

If you can handle the heavy work load then this job is for you!

Advice to Management

Nothing to say