CR England - ForF | Glassdoor

"ForF"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - OTR Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My Dm was very supportive and cooperative, good humor and great help. My trainer with England was awesome, taught me a lot and gave me the confidence I needed to go far.
This is a great company to get your license through, although I think they have extended their contract you have to complete. Decent pay , good miles and most of their terminals are pretty nice with driver activity areas.

Cons

I've heard a lot of other driver complain about their dispatch not giving them miles, but usually it sounds more like a drivers fault that dispatch, I.e, constantly denying loads, not updating on times. Home time is debatable , I didn't get much, but i also didn't ask for much, I'm sure had I requested more off I would have received it.

Advice to Management

Your truck repair shop needs to have some more competent employees who don't lose keys all the time, but other than that, all the upper staff I met were friendly and respectful.

Other Employee Reviews for CR England

"ok job if you want over the road driving to be your life"

Current Employee - Driver in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in Fontana, CA

I have been working at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay for your training for your CDL. Training is good quality

Cons

Long Hours, no home time, MGR's treat you like a herd of cows. Not personable

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION!

"Positive"

Former Employee - Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The on going training is valuable, The equipment is nice, dispatch, is wonderful to work with, I had a lot of kind and helpful people working to keep me moving down the road. Their safety polices are top notch and when your sleepy you pull over no questions asked. If your cannot get your load delivered on time they swap you out with another. It's just a great system so I did not feel pressured to drive tired. I loved the electronic logs.

Cons

Long extended periods away from home. Low pay, A lot of work is done that is not payed for, such as waiting for truck repairs, driving broken down reefers to and from shops for repair. Layover pay and detention pay is hard to get.

Advice to Management

Look into improving driver home time. Screen and choose your trainers much more careful. I had a good one, but there are lots of bad ones and some are darn right scary.