CR England - high school group setting at yard | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CR England

"high school group setting at yard"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - OTR Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ok training. Do get exp. driving through mountains and all over the USA.

Cons

Low mileage pay and the dispatch is sketchy. You have to have " The Right" dispatch to get the good miles.

Advice to Management

Raise the cpm for good drivers. Change the room mate numbers per room at the yard. Get better dispatch people that care about the business and not just there for a check.

Other Employee Reviews for CR England

"go there only to use them to get a start if your a beginner and need your cdl and training"

Former Employee - Otr 48 State Lease Operator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Otr 48 State Lease Operator in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (More than a year)

Pros

got me back into trucking after 20 yrs of being out of it...will hire and train you if you need it and will even get you your cdl

Cons

orientation is unpaid, they supply no meals, only thing they give you is a free room in a crappy rundown motel that they own. DO NOT let them talk you into leasing, they will screw you. they own the leasing company and the insurance company you'll be forced to use. I leased and turned in the truck and left owing them money so they claimed. Every lease driver i spoke with was very unhappy and just waiting for the lease to end.

"as a former employee of the liars called CR ENGLAND"

Former Employee - Company Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CR England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a great step into the field, new trucks and the open road. plenty of work. safety oriented and a very large company so i feel that they will last the test of time and may eventually become one of the largest companies in the field. the only thing that this company really has is dedication to its own family.

Cons

not a good company at all they show no remorse to the many students that were lied to by recruiting me being one of those. although the school was good and i learned alot, a student could research and obtain class a cdl on there own. i was one of the top students in the school and even after graduation i was even a emloyee of the month. i felt confused the whole time i was in the school.their is little information given to students i would also recomend that if you are looking into the field cr england should be a last resort ...stay away.. at the begining of my school we had aprox 200 students by graduation we had 50 and then again on graduation day close to 20 of them where sent home for one reason or the other . we where lied to constantly and i am thanlfull for the experience, and know what to expect in the future and what whom and how to avoid. i try not to bash people its just not in me and was conflicted when writting this but the truth is it was horrible and instead of making money i actually lost. end note dont sign the contract.walk away. and after i was told that a termination does not require me to pay the 5000.00 for the school i still receive phone calls and letters demanding the balance be paid of 5000.00 this after 6 months as an empoyee.. please do yourself a favor and not choose this company.11 cents a mile when company driver lowest pay in the united satates

Advice to Management

stop lying to students and focus energy on drivers instead of your family