CR England - This is the best place to start a trucking career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CR England

"This is the best place to start a trucking career."

Current Employee - Truck Driver
Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at CR England full-time

Pros

The company is big and because of that there is lots of operational support. You never have to worry about being told to drive when tired, if your manager tells you to drive tired or fatigued they will be fired. This company is also a driver factory and churn out hundreds of drivers weekly. If you truly want to be a truck driver this is the place to start.

Cons

The company is so big you are still just a pawn. Initial commitment after training is eight months.

Other Employee Reviews for CR England

"I finally feel appreciated, with room to grow."

Current Employee - Afterhours Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Afterhours Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All the time and effort that you put into your day to day work you really see a reward. When you work hard for this company they take care of you. The England's have really worked hard to change the culture around to focus more on the driver and make sure that they know just how much we appreciate them.

Cons

It can get hectic. Usually have to exercise a lot of patience to make sure that the new drivers understand what they are doing, and you spend a lot of time repeating yourself. But that's usually dependent on their learning style.

Advice to Management

With such a large company a more in-depth training would be a huge benefit. Making sure the trainers are experts on the policies and procedures with the new trainees. Hitting a few more metrics on the day to day activities and making sure they have a list of the macros.

"Its been a great place to work."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CR England full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best thing about working here would be my peers. I have made so many friends over the years working here at CR England. The company has always treated me fair. There is opportunities for those who wish to grow. Wages are competitive. I have great management and am treated with respect.

Cons

I would like to see better yearly increase potential. There is a high level of stress. Cheaper insurance premiums.

Advice to Management

My direct management, I am very happy working with. Above leadership roles, get more personable with all employees in your areas.