CRC Health Group - A challenging place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CRC Health Group

"A challenging place to work"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reliable employment, probably because there is not a demand to work here.

Cons

Difficult clients, stressful, poor management employee support, very FOR PROFIT

Advice to Management

Please support your staff more and be less appeasing to the clients who consistently break the rules and obligations of treatment. Mediocre benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for CRC Health Group

"Andy Eckert and Bain are driving CRC into the ground; the norm for Bain Capital."

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to help addicts make changes in their lives. I am not talking about the money maker Methadone. I am talking about the recovery of addicts through abstinence. Methadone and Suboxone maintenance is just changing seats on the titanic; eventually these clients will either overdose or go right back to the opiate addiction that brought them to maintenance.

Cons

The new corporate team is terrible. Andy Eckert was hired to run this company into the ground so that Bain could once again make significant amounts of money. I have watched several people at the Corporate and facility level depart, some by choice and some not and then people who have no clue what our company is about are left in charge. The employees who have spent their lives trying to help people are of no value. We are consistently told to cut costs and to start with staffing when it is the staff that help the people we are to serve. This is a human service company, they need to start acting like it. We don't sell paperclips and software. Are we not a company that is supposed to be helping people recovery from addiction? Why is it that every management training has an open bar? Do you not realize or do you just not care that most of the Managers that are at these trainings are themselves in Recovery. It is a disgrace to encourage your employees to engage in the very behavior that we are trying to arrest in so many. 10 percent cuts across the board and then you turn around and have a management event with an open bar? You insist that the facilities post our Mission Statement when you yourselves do not live by it. You (Andy Eckert) fired all of the good and brought on your own team who are basically lops in most line staff employees opinion.

Advice to Management

The art that was chosen for the corporate office is despicable and is just on the verge of mocking to the people in recovery (3/4 of CRC Staff)

"Gain valuable experience.. but at a cost."

Current Employee - Drug and Alcohol Counselor
    Current Employee - Drug and Alcohol Counselor

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work can be very rewarding while working in addictions.

Cons

Severe micromanaging. Poor benefits for what's paid for them. (I'm a single female, and I pay almost $200/mo for benefits and it doesn't cover much.) You can't really trust anyone above your own director. I've been there for 1.5 years and I have seen at least 10 people leave, whether it was from walking off d/t stress or from finding a better paying job. The pay rate is based on "experience" and although I understand that, however, it should be on performance after 90 days. Some people you work with bust their butts, follow all the rules, and get paid less than those who are just there for a paycheck. Hiring process is so drawn out. Don't promise stuff in the interview (like getting licensure and getting someone in there to supervise hours) and then 1.5 years later, not have anyone.

Provide adequate training to new hires. Too many times I've seen people get hired and then quit because they didn't have enough training and get overwhelmed.

Also, before you promote employees to supervisor, make sure that they even meet the minimum qualifications to be a supervisor. And if they don't, make sure that they GET SOME TRAINING! Make sure they can supervise those on their team! Someone with just a bachelor's should NOT be supervising someone with a Masters degree!! When morale is low, make sure that it's the supervisor who works to improve it. When teams get split, make sure that supervisor knows how to mend it back together.

Advice to Management

Learn that your micromanaging is frustrating to those of us who do our jobs properly. Prioritize. Prioritize. Prioritize. If a clinic is staffed with essentially 2 counselors and 300+ patients, try to make it a priority. When you do send senior management to these smaller clinics, go around and talk to every employee. You'll be surprised about what the middle management isn't telling you. It's not always about the bottom dollar, and realize that sometimes we have enough on our plates without you adding to the mix of something as stupid as "Therapeutic Alliance" .. aka, micromanaging.