CRC Health Group - Non-existent company culture - good place to be if you know the right people or are a serious bully. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CRC Health Group

"Non-existent company culture - good place to be if you know the right people or are a serious bully."

Pros

No one at corporate is held accountable for anything. I saw many people make mistakes that cost the company many thousands of dollars (in one case over a million dollars). Normally companies would have held someone responsible and fired them. CRC leaders didn't even reprimand the responsible parties. You can get away with just about anything as long as you are good at finger pointing.

Cons

Terrible benefits, no 401(k) match, minimal vacation time. The corporate offices are morose: gray cubes, gray walls, gray carpet - it's horrid and depressing.

Company is horribly mis-managed by the corporate offices. CEO spends most of his time at his vacation home in Utah instead of leading this company. It's basically a free-for-all of leadership; whoever has the biggest stick sets the tone.

This organization is motivated by one thing: profit. Above all else, you must meet your budget. Never-mind that the budget figures are pulled out of a magic hat with no rhyme or reason behind them. So come January 1 - every facility is scrambling to meet unrealistic growth expectations. The rest of the year is wasted trying to scramble to catch up and not get fired.

Advice to Management

The energy at corporate is what I imagine the last moments on the Titanic were like – you may want to try to fix that. More bagels will not help.

Other Employee Reviews for CRC Health Group

"A challenging place to work"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reliable employment, probably because there is not a demand to work here.

Cons

Difficult clients, stressful, poor management employee support, very FOR PROFIT

Advice to Management

Please support your staff more and be less appeasing to the clients who consistently break the rules and obligations of treatment. Mediocre benefits.

"Andy Eckert and Bain are driving CRC into the ground; the norm for Bain Capital."

I have been working at CRC Health Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to help addicts make changes in their lives. I am not talking about the money maker Methadone. I am talking about the recovery of addicts through abstinence. Methadone and Suboxone maintenance is just changing seats on the titanic; eventually these clients will either overdose or go right back to the opiate addiction that brought them to maintenance.

Cons

The new corporate team is terrible. Andy Eckert was hired to run this company into the ground so that Bain could once again make significant amounts of money. I have watched several people at the Corporate and facility level depart, some by choice and some not and then people who have no clue what our company is about are left in charge. The employees who have spent their lives trying to help people are of no value. We are consistently told to cut costs and to start with staffing when it is the staff that help the people we are to serve. This is a human service company, they need to start acting like it. We don't sell paperclips and software. Are we not a company that is supposed to be helping people recovery from addiction? Why is it that every management training has an open bar? Do you not realize or do you just not care that most of the Managers that are at these trainings are themselves in Recovery. It is a disgrace to encourage your employees to engage in the very behavior that we are trying to arrest in so many. 10 percent cuts across the board and then you turn around and have a management event with an open bar? You insist that the facilities post our Mission Statement when you yourselves do not live by it. You (Andy Eckert) fired all of the good and brought on your own team who are basically lops in most line staff employees opinion.

Advice to Management

The art that was chosen for the corporate office is despicable and is just on the verge of mocking to the people in recovery (3/4 of CRC Staff)